Eractic behavior tonight - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Eractic behavior tonight

My cat is acting out tonight, she was meowing so I put dry food out for her. But I also have a bag of cat food in the dinner room, and she is going crazy trying to get the bag open. She is ripping it apart. Quickly she will make a whole and start eating that food instead of the food I put out for her. I even picked her up and showed her the food she usually eats, she then sneakly ran back in dinning room and went right for the bag of cat food.

I dont know why she is crazy,hyper tonight. So what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:27 AM

Why do babies put everything in their mouths? Cause they're curious little babies, it's what they do.

Why do cats get all wild and crazy and get into everything you don't want them to? Cause they're curious little cats, it's what they do.
I'm not trying to be snarky, so please don't take it that way. Your cat probably prefers the whole hunt and find thing with ripping open a bag and finding food. Just having it in a bowl might be boring when she's in a playful mood. You might try getting some of those food dispensing toys. You can get balls with a small hole in them that when they kick it around the food comes out. I think there's probably other types of toys like that out there.
You could also try redirecting her with another toy, like a string to chase or somthing. It could be that she just wants to play around and isn't really hungry.

All else fails shut the food in a room so she can't get to it.
Good luck

--Annasaur
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That sounds like a fun toy, Annasaur. I have had several cats who "insisted" on having the "fresher" food in the bag. Of course both the food in the bowl and the food in the bag were equally fresh. So, we just shook the bag over the bowl! Worked every time.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page