Careless Owners - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Careless Owners

UGH! I'm am soo peeved at my boyfriends friends They had two kittens that they rescued and kept them for a year then they just recently moved to a new apartment. The kitties were upset and pooping in the bathtub and misbehaving. They didn't even TRY cat nip, scratching posts, treats, lavender, or Feliway! They just after a week took them to a Kill Shelter!

People just disgust me when they act like this! These kitties had only them to depend on and were saved by them and now they were just given up and most likely won't get adopted since they requested that they stay together since they were brother and sister.

I mean wouldn't most people at LEAST give it a month before doing something so drastic? It just breaks my heart and I hope these people will NEVER get pets again if this is how they view it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:50 PM

That is sad. Unfortunately, it's more common than we want. There's a list somewhere Gudewife posted that I've seen several times about why people dump their pets.

(Trying to find a silver lining). But then there are those of us that are willing to deal with their pets along with any of their issues, and there is a shift in thinking of our companion friends as more than just disposable animals. Our numbers are growing, and we are doing a lot of good by spreading the word and changing people's opinions (in a nice way).
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

It's just such a hard battle because people are so HARD headed. It really irritates me more that they guy of the couple has had cats his whole life and dogs with his parents that he would do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
It could happen really quickly.

It sounds like his girlfriend likes a clean environment way to much. She might be slightly obsessive-compulsive.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

umm not when they lost their deposit because no one has ever CLEANED or vacumed their apartment ever! and she is FAR from obsessive compulsive she is a completely laid back pothead.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 08:44 AM

what can i say... that is just typical humans.....
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
It could happen really quickly.

It sounds like his girlfriend likes a clean environment way to much. She might be slightly obsessive-compulsive.
I have issues like the above described.....

But.....I'm having litter box issues with Ace right now. We are working on it and I'm just picking up the poop as we go.

Like I'm going to get rid of my big boy.....
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:55 AM

In my book a pet is for LIFE
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 04:31 PM

Yes! Adopting a pet is a commitment to care and protect them for LIFE. I hate stories like this, too!

My uncle and aunt (he's a doctor) are like this. They have owned at least 20 dogs over the past 20 years. Maybe more! They get them when they're puppies and then get rid of them when they start acting up (every puppy acts up) and/or when they just get tired of them.

They obviously consider a pet something to help decorate their house - something that can easily be disposed of.... and the really terrible thing is that their three children are learning that that's what owning a pet is all about.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

UGH that is disgusting also! Where in the world do people come up with these kinds of ideas?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page