Cats and TV? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Cats and TV?

I have come to learn that my youngest cat, Lily enjoys watching certain TV shows or movies. She has her own kitty DVD, but I think she's gotton bored with it. A few weeks ago for example, me and the hubby watched Bambi and who should walk right up to the TV and start watching? Yep, it was Lily and she watched the entire movie! It was the craziest thing! She also enjoys watching The Monkees with me. Silly Lily!

Does anybody else cats like to watch TV with you?

Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 07:05 PM

The cats don't show much interest in what's on tv unless it's something that's moving fast.

Brandy (one of the dogs) LOVES to watch TV. I've been known to turn it on to keep her out of my hair.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My cats seldom pay any attention to the TV unless they hear a cat or a human baby cry. Then they both stare at it!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Premier Cat

My cat has been known to reach up and try to get things on the screen. They also are aware of animal sounds coming from it. But they have never sat and watched for a long period of time. Just briefly.. Cats are the best!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Cats really are thee best, aren't they? LOL, a little while ago, I called for Lily to come upstairs and I told her I was gonna watch The Monkees and she ran all the way to the third floor and jumped on the bed, laid down and watched one episode with me. I know it sounds crazy...........a cat who likes The Monkees. *giggles*
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Banned

This isn't a show or a movie, it's a video of the cats themselves:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Premier Cat

Sometimes something on tv will catch their attention but not often. Little-one, however, loves car chases though. It's a crack up! He gets up on his hind legs (like Tim's picture) and bats at the trees that the cars are driving by. Go figure.

Victoria
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 07:48 AM
ZAR
Cool Cat

Re: Cats and TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycinnamon
I have come to learn that my youngest cat, Lily enjoys watching certain TV shows or movies. She has her own kitty DVD, but I think she's gotton bored with it. A few weeks ago for example, me and the hubby watched Bambi and who should walk right up to the TV and start watching? Yep, it was Lily and she watched the entire movie! It was the craziest thing! She also enjoys watching The Monkees with me. Silly Lily!

Does anybody else cats like to watch TV with you?

Cindy
Well when I watch Coronation Street and Emmerdale, Cortia sits on my lap and shes facing the T.V well its kind of like shes watching it, also when I'm watching the Xfactor when she heres the singing she runs off LOL!

-HEYHWA
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Dylan only pays attention when football is on much to my boyfriends annoyance! He tries to grab the ball lol
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Premier Cat

Tim that picture is so funny! They really are focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page