how long will it take to get comfy around me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

how long will it take to get comfy around me

the cat i got yesterday from the spca, is constantly hiding. i know its normal, but what do u guys think how long it will take for her to get comfortable in my house. also...i dont know if shes eating or not. she didnt poop yet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:28 AM

It can take a cat a few days to get used to the new environment.

Do you have her shut in one room of the house or does she have run of the whole house? You may want to confine her to one room of the house and let her get used to that before allowing her to have run of the house. It can be overwhelming for the cat to have an entire house at their disposal when they come to a new place.

Give her some time, I'm sure she'll come around.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:29 AM

all of those signs are pretty normal. It could take weeks or much longer. Tasha took to us within a day or two, Angel weeks and Sully months. Sully is nocternal so he hides all day and comes out at night. It is really too early to tell. As for the no eating or pooping, that is pretty normal for the first day or so. If it goes longer I would be concerned. It was almost 3 days before Sully ate and I had to give him tuna to eat. I put it on his nose so he would have to lick it off. That worked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

she is upstairs, either in my rom or my son's room. she is afraid of being downstairs. when i took her downstairs, she raced up the stairs. so shes in between those two rooms. i think i'm just gonna leave her alone, and not even bother with her, maybe she will come out on her own
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 AM

That sounds like a good plan. Keep her upstairs, giving her all the essentials and let her come on her own. Every cat is different. One day really is too early to tell. I'm guessing she'll be just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page