My mom is getting rid of Casper! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

My mom is getting rid of Casper!

Its no fair. Just because she doesnt like her she is getting rid of her. I asked her what she put in and she said she put in Free cat to good home. Female 5yrs spayed and declawed. My mom doesnt care at all about where she goes. She has always been like that. She just puts them in as free to good home and she tells me is a first come first serve thing and who ever can get here the fastes is the one that can take her! Its no fair!

What kind of questions can I ask the people to make sure they are good? Also my mom wont take her to a rescue because she thinks a rescue wont take her because she says she is ulgy and nasty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Could you post a picture of Casper? I am pretty sure he is not that ugly.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

you can see a bunch here
http://k9house.bravehost.com/Cats.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Ugly? How is he ugly??? He looks like a soft rainbow. The graduation of the coloring effects is quite striking.

Does he have any behavioral issues? Why is your mom getting rid of him?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 02:30 PM

Casper is not ugly! Is she part Siamese? She looks it. Are her eyes blue? Does she talk a lot? If she is part Siamese then a Siamese cat rescue will take her definitely!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

We got her and Lacey from the shelter so we dont know what she has in her.

No she doesnt have any behavioral issues. Yes her eyes are blue.

My mom just doesnt like her because she has gunky eyes(which could be fixed if my mom would just take her to the vet) and is over weight. Also the fact that my mom just isnt a big fan of cats.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Casper is gorgeous! Poor baby! Her color/pattern is called Seal Torbie Point and White.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:41 PM

I am positive that Casper has some Siamese in her somewhere. The blue eyes indicate that. And she is beautiful, not ugly. When prospective adoptees come to see her keep in this info in mind. The person should be willing and interested in a very interactive cat who might need more attention than the stereotypical cat they think of who doesn't need human interaction. My cats are both Siamese Mixes and exhibit all these traits. They are a full time job, they are my kids. Please try to find her a good home even if your mom is set to give her away.

Did You Know?
The Siamese personality is different from other cats in several ways. Siamese are very attached to humans. In ways they are more like a dog or an infant, in that they need much more attention than one would expect. They really require daily individualized personal time with you. They will follow you around the house, play games with you, and demand your company and attention when they want it. Unlike dogs, however, there is often a probationary period before they give you their total trust.

Intelligent
They are also highly intelligent. Because of this trait, without the personalized attention and some training they can get themselves into all kinds of trouble. They can go where they are not supposed to, open things that they shouldn't, be in places you don't want them to be - they can constantly be on the lookout for stimulation and if it's not provided they can make their own.

Talkative
The voice itself is very different from other breeds, and can vary from a plaintive mew to a loud yowl. They are often mistaken for crying babies. The intensity of the vocalization should not be prolonged if you are smart enough to understand what they want. Most of the time they talk at conversational levels.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

thats neat. Both on my cats do follow us around the house when the dogs are outside. They are very affectionate and very vocal(sometimes late at night they will all of a sudden meow really loud) thought they dont seem to get into anything not even when they were little. Our pur bred siamese that we had before we lost her(we think the coyote got her) got into everything! lol
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Cat

I think Casper is a beauty, i hope a responsible cat lover takes her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page