Cat cages - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Cat cages

Hi guys,

I guess I will be moving after all, for those of you that remember the story of living with my Dad and his girlfriend. My husband's going into the military and will be gone up to 6 mths. with all his training. He gets to come home over Christmas, though. In the meantime, I need something to put the cats in because my Dad's girlfriend babysits her grandson and he likes to carry cats around the neck. Her cats could care less what you do to them. LOL! But, my cat, Simone is not too fond of children, let alone being carried by her neck! So, being that I will need to confine them while I'm gone to work, does anyone here have a cat cage or know of a site that has cat cages I can buy? Time is limited so I need to get something ASAP.

My cats are 10 lbs. and 8 lbs. so I want to make sure they have something big enough to move around in, but at the same time I am limited on room at my Dad's, so I can't buy a HUGE cage, either. But, it needs to be big enough to hold their litter pan and food and water.

I used to work for a cleaning company and there was a customer that had this really awesome cage for her cats, but I can't find anything remotely close to it. I'm tempted to drive over to her house and find out.

The cage I'm interested in is at this site:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... 002+113494

But, it says for litters of kittens or ferrets. It just doesn't look big enough, but I like it. I'd buy the conversion kit and all, too. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:42 PM

If you are were thingking of getting something that size, I would personally sugest to get just an x-large dog create. I have seen people who need to separte their cats using one ... put a blanket on the bottom, maybe a pillow with your scent. And it should be good.. the one you sent with the link, it is really more of a height thing.. too small for two adult cats!.. they need room to move around and like you said put food water and litter box in!...

Dog creats average (depending on the kind you buy) but a simple wire create will set you back about 150$ Canadian... (sure much less if in the states)

thats all I hope everything works out for you and the kittys!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

I suppose I could get a dog crate, but will they be big enough to put the litter pan, food and water, plus 2 cats in it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 03:57 PM

I bought a dog cage for willow and the kittens as a birthing pen and it was really much bigger than I thougtht it would be:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-48-DOG- ... dZViewItem

My mum is now using it to keep one or two cats in at a time whilst she is doing a reintroduction with one of hers who is being a bit aggressive so it is more than big enough for two adult cats.

I actually bought mine off ebay as a buy it now - it was less than half the price of the local pet shop.

Also because it is quite high, I added a couple of shelves half way up on each side as a bit of level variation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page