Lemon juice water bombs? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Lemon juice water bombs?

Is this mean?

These other cats know the sound of my front door so when i let my cat out they come sneakin around. Some one mentioned in another post i made that the only way to keep the other cats back is some kind of citrus oil or somthing. I got some water balloons and filled em with a few drops of lemon juice concentrate and then filled the rest with water. I first filled about 15 and threw them around the yard in areas they sneak around in. Today a few were nosing around the front yard and i threw a couple at em. I didnt hit the cats but they landed near them giving them a little splash of smelling sauce.

My cat just hangs on this little table on the driveway or flees under my car wich i dont like because my car is dripping some fluids and he sometimes comes in with that oil and crap all over his fur. He was on the wooden railing tonight i could see him out my window and i can see his fear when the other cats get about 20 feet or so. I pop out and they just look at me so i fired one and he/she? took off. The second was poking around near the driveway and he was a little shocked as well.

Am i wasting my time? will this even work? it seems harmless but im sure the cats dont enjoy it. The first is white im not sure if its the cat that bit my cat a few weeks ago that cost me $75. in vet bills or another one thats poking around. Ive seen 3 different cats now poking around so is it a territorial thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Banned

Any reason why you need to let your cat out?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

The same reason the other cats are out.

This cat grew up in the country, he didnt even have a litter box there. Hes a tomcat? i dono he just whines when he wants out. If i keep him in like ive tried he thinks hes in trouble.

My dad smokes like 3 packs a day, this house wreaks of smoke and im sure he dont enjoy it becase i dont. I try and keep my room and all vents blocks as much as possable but its almost unavoidable. I dont know how it gets in but it does it makes me ill sometimes. I hate it, i have to deal with it but he shouldnt. He deserves some fresh air once in a while but shouldnt have to fear being malled by the local bully.

Im sure he smells the smoke in his water dish too thats why i have to clean it constantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

Well, I guess, to answer your original question, "is it mean?", as long as you don't hit the cat with the water balloon, no, I don't think it's mean. I also don't think it will be particularly effective, so I wish I had a better solution to offer you. But the best solution I can suggest, i.e. keeping the cat inside, doesn't seem to be a good solution for you. Stay tuned, maybe someone else will offer another suggestion.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Premier Cat

As Tim said, I doubt anything you do will keep the other cats out of the yard.
Can you build an outdoor enclosure for him? A friend of mine has a kitty door in the wall of her kitchen that leads to an outdoor kitty room. She built it with 2x4s and chicken wire. It's about 10x10 ft. and has a big tree branch in it that they can climb (the top has chicken wire too so they can't get out.). It actually looks quite nice with plants planted around it and some inside too. It's the only way to keep a cat safe her as we have a lot of coyotes. Anyway, it wasn't at all expensive to do and the cats love it.

Victoria
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Thats cool, a kitty cage. Things are getting better, i dont know if its because hes well now or the otehr cats have backed off. Hes not as scared to venture out now and he seems to be going further and further out.

I wondered if he didnt fight back because he didnt know who the cats belong too. Why would he beat up another family member ya know? The first day he came a white cat was moving in on him. I dont know if it was the same white cat or not but he didnt rear up like he does now. He acted calm like the other cat was a friend. Now he gets defensive when he sees any other cat near. I think he knows that they are all out to get him.

I throw away the old litter and flush the stool now also. Last time i threw the old liter over the fence behind the house and the stool as well. My friend told me the litter wasnt good to flush because they were like rocks so i got worried. I think i got it all figured out now and everything seems fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page