It's official.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

It's official....

I'm either crazy, or a sucker....or possibly both.

Apparently my three cats and one dog were not enough. Perhaps deep down I wanted to claim the title of "Crazy Cat Lady" from my mother (though I do fall one cat short - dang! So close).

My boyfriend and I went to a local shelter yesterday in hopes of adopting a new kitten. What we found were two almost identical kittens, both female, named Phil and Tommy (yeah, that made us scratch our heads too). So we filled out an application saying we'd like to adopt either one.

Of course...I went home and thought about it all night, then all morning today....and I realized that I couldn't bare to separate them because they were so cute together.

So after a little nudging of my boyfriend ("Aww...come on....do you want to be the one to separate those little cuties? Huh? Do ya?") We decided to adopt them both.

One day....one day, mother...I shall claim that Crazy Cat Lady title for my own!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 01:57 PM

All I could do was smile at your story. I have 3 cats and a dog. Told my family, that's it when my husband said Lewis (my 3rd cat I got last December) "was the last one." I've been good all year. Well, I've noticed I'm getting the "I want another cat" bug as of late. All those new kitties being born. I keep looking online at all the cute kittens at the local Humane Society. I shouldn't be doing that. There sure was an adorable male, medium haired, orange tabby I would have loved to take home. Lucky you, I say!!!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

My family thought I was crazy with 3 cats and 1 dog. Now that I'm adopting #4 and #5 I can't just hear it.....oh and my mother will be the worst! "I love my little furry grandchildren, BUT....when are you going get married and give me real grandchildren!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE...

See, what did I tell you? This is from my mother:

----- Original Message -----
From xxxxxx <[email protected]>
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:54:48 -0400
To xxxxxx
Subject Re: RE: Well....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait a minute....You now have 6 pets!!! You both need to get married & have human babies!!!

I have an excuse..I'm old, and can't have any more

So are my new grandkitties named Phil & Tommy? Or are you going to name them a "K" name?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Cat

That is too funny

The more people I meet the more I like my cat!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:25 PM

sooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually if my boyfriend would let me have more cats I would get a few more as well
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 03:57 PM

My husband wants more cats so bad! He even has the name picked out for the next one, Fishstick

I would like more cats too but I'm afraid the 3 I have would be jealous or feel unloved....Do you think they would adjust?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Kouji was a year old when we took in our boys Kenji and Koda. She hissed and growl and spit and swiped for a week, and then suddenly one morning she started the day by hissing and growling and a half hour later she was plying with them.

When we got our dog, Kouji seemed to accept him from Day One. Though she had a habit of getting all PO'd when Dashiell took his puppy antics a little too far. The boy took a little longer to adjust to Dash. Now they all accept (or at least tolerate) him.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes for all three of them to accept the new kitties. We recently catsit for my sister's two cats for three days over the weekend. Whle Dashiell accepted the two cats immediately, my little munchkins we're less than thrilled (as seen in pics on the Mett My Kitty section).

Kouji's pretty adaptable. She pretty much goes with the flow, she may be a little ticked at first but then she eventually gets over it. The boys, on the other hand,....well, Kenji's "mommy's little boy" so he's really the jealous type. And Koda is a big chicken who will flex his muscles (and he's got him, he's a huge cat!) and then take off running.

When we got the boys, we made sure to give Kouji lots of extra attention and affection. And then when we got Dashiell we gave all three cats extra attention, and some alone time with mommy and daddy to cuddle and play. From experience from my three babies and even from the two cats I grew up with, as well as stories from friends and family who had a cat and got addtional ones, the cats always adjusted.

Hopefully all goes well.
*crosses fingers*
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2005, 07:11 PM

haha! my boyfriends mom calls the kitties her "grandkitties." Not too many jabs yet about making real babies--but boy do we get the "when are you going to get married" part!!
We found a stray a couple weeks ago and when she came over she said "ok, where's my new grandkitty." I told her we weren't necesarily keeping him and she was like "noooo, where is he, you're not giving away my new grandkitty."
Needless to say, a week and a $200 vet trip later, I believe the little guy is ours!! (we're only up to 2 though... not quite 6!! )
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Cool Cat

I feel the bug also, man I just gotta have another kitty. Who said cats are like potatoe chips you can't just have one. Great line

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page