Stressed out. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Stressed out.

I just purchased a kitten about 4 weeks ago. As soon as I brought it home he was coughing and sneezing. Went to the vet, they put him on some antibiotics and sent us on our way. Well, almost the next day I was taking Stanky to the vet for crystals. Well, the meds didn't help the kitten, the vet can't really tell me what is wrong b/c the symptoms don't really add up to anything like a respiratory infection or a parasite (according to the vet). Anyways, from there all things went down hill. I can't return the kitten to the breeder (which she had at the petstore) b/c I can not prove this kitten is sick and she won't even take it back. Then more things just went down hill, my a/c broke so there goes more money. Between that and taking the cats in I am totally broke. I just been depressed about everything, I know that the a/c and all that is a part of life but it's not just that.

The kitten is very active and doesn't have problems eating but this is way more than the common cold, or is it just a common cold? I have been keeping him away from the cats in case it was contagious, but then I heard Envy cough the other day, now I am worried. Plus ever since we brought it home it's not been using the litter box all the time. Just the other day it peed on the clothes I had on the dresser. The litter box is clean but still he goes to the bathroom all over. It's not like he doesn't use the box it's just that there is times where he goes else where for some reason. My husband is getting frustrated and I am stressed out on what I am going to do with this problem kittten.

Which comes to my decision, my friend knows someone that would be able to take the kitten in knowing it's current condition & problem. I am really upset on confused on what to do. My husband is fed up w/keeping the cat when it's destroying our house and I am worried that the other cats will get sick. I am really emotional drained, this has been so stressful that I have been getting stressed out at work for stupid things. If I take the easy way out I feel like I failed and that I am just this horrible person that gives away cats. I am not like that, I love my cats, I don't know what I would do if anything happened to Stanky or Envy.

I just am torn on what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 01:42 AM

Awww, *hug*. It is a stressful situation overall. Whatever you decide, you're doing in the best interest of the kitty, so it's a good thing. If you decide to rehome him, please don't beat yourself up about it, because you've found him a better home with someone who has the time and energy to nurse him. You're doing the best you can in a tough deal.

I'm glad actually that he won't be returned to the breeder, as it doesn't seem like it would be a good thing. Jeanie and other can clarify, but I believe that reputable breeders wouldn't hesitate to take the kitty back if there are issues.

There's so much going on, you won't be any good to anyone if you're so stressed out, so you're deciding what's best for everyone involved. The fact that you're having such a internal struggle shows that you aren't a horrible person, or a failure giving away a cat.

Bummer also about the A/C. Doesn't it feel like when it rains, it pours?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Premier Cat

Are there ways you can complain about breeders offically? Sounds like this breeder shouldnt be raising cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page