Does your cat get the full moon crazies too? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Does your cat get the full moon crazies too?

I went to a concert last night and when I got back Lily and Willis were being pretty wild. They were both tearing around the apartment, thier eyes were totally black and bugged out and Willis arched his back a few times. This morning they were still pretty crazy. Lily was actually chasing Willis around the apartment for once and she started to attack/scratch the underside of our oriental rug. Then Lily chased Willis up the stairs and when he got to the top he started rolling around and she went half way up and hunched down trying to hide herself and then started scratching at the carpet on the stairs. When they run they sound like a herd of elephants. It is pretty amusing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:59 AM

PoGo (one of the dogs) has been soooo bad yesterday and today.

Maybe that's why! He's into everything!!!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Banned

My cats have times, too, when they're extra crazy, but I haven't been able to pin it on the lunar cycle. They were actually kind of subdued last night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 12:21 PM

Same here, very quiet kitties last night.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

It was interesting because I didnt' realize it was a full moon last night until after the concert. But I was thinking to myself there that it must be because the people at the show were really rowdy. The band I saw played Friday and Saturday night. Friday night the show was really mellow, little security etc. Saturday night there was tons of security, a cop outside when we left and lots of people got thrown out. This older guy came up to me and started poking me in the back and tried talking to me. He wanted to know what people my age were thinking about what is going on with the world. However he was so drunk he couldnt' even stand up straight. He almost fell over a couple of times and then started hitting on me right with my boyfriend there. Needless to say a couple of songs later he got thrown out too. It was interesting how different the crowd was on the 2 nights. Maybe it wasn't the full moon but who knows.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Senior Cat

Some cats wait for the full moon for that?!! Mine are nuts all the time. Last night Halcyon was running around and jumped halfway up the curtains and hung on swinging. She's my little nut-ball.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 04:20 PM

last night was the first night i have seen China come into her attitude. sneak attacks on Sophie. lots of back flips and boxing matches and tons of jumping and tearing around the house...laps really...and very jumpy nature. both cats were acting like the devil was on their tails.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
No, I haven't noticed anything with the cats, but I usually have trouble sleeping a few days before the full moon! (No, I'm not baying at the moon! Hmmm, I do get very hungry for a good steak, though.... )

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 06:35 PM

Micah was nutso 2 days in a row and then I noticed the full moon. Not sure if it's related or not. I will find out for sure next month if I rememeber to take note. It seems to have no effect at all on Jake.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

at Jeanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page