Is this true about Humphrey Bogart and his cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Is this true about Humphrey Bogart and his cat?

My boyfriend told me some stuff that he remembers from a Humphrey Bogart documentary. It's been a long time since he's seen the show.

A stray cat came to Bogie and came into his home and became an indoor cat. Bogie offerred the cat the opportunity to go outside when it looked like it wanted to go outside but the cat never wanted to go outside. So Bogie said that cats are like women. They can't make up their minds and no mater what you do you can't get rid of them. So Bogie adopted that cat and he didn't feed the cat canned food. Bogie actually read the ingredients of whatever he ate as well as commercial cat food. He read the term by-products and thought,"What's that?" He fed the cat whatever Bogie ate. Meat that is half raw, some bones, organs, milk, steak, rabbit, venizon, some chicken and the cat had to have some potato as well. It stole potato off his plate and ever since that was part of the cat's diet as well. So the cat was named Potato. The cat lived to be about 15 years.

My boyfriend can't say for sure if this is accurate. It's what he remembers but it may not be totally correct. Do any of you know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:17 PM

I have no idea, but it's such a nice story, real or fake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page