PLEASE help....something is wrong with Oliver.... *update* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

PLEASE help....something is wrong with Oliver.... *update*

I noticed the past two days he has been drinking more than usual. And now he is just drooling everywhere. Big puddles of drool. I know it's not pee because I look at his mouth and there is just drool coming out of it. Does anyone know what this could be??? I also saw him sneeze 2 times this morning. Also, THursday night he barfed up his food in the middle of the night which he never does....Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm sorry, Heather. There are alot of things it could be, you probably won't know until the vet does an exam and maybe bloodwork. I'll keep him in my prayers. *hugs*
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Banned

I'm sure you're feeling pretty concerned about now, Heather. Hopefully it's just a URI bug he's got. I'll keep you and him in my thoughts. Please keep us updated on what the vet says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 04:06 PM

yea I would take him to the vet. *prays*
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I agree, Heather. He needs to see a vet. It sounds like a problem his urinary tract. How old is Oliver? Until we hear more, my prayers are with Oliver and my thoughts are with you.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Why do you think it's a URI, Tim? Jeanie, why a urinary track infection? Is it because he's drinking a lot?

He is a little over 2 years old.

I just hate seeing the poor boy drool so much and then he is constantly cleaning his face and paws to get the drool off.
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Premier Cat

Could he have gotten into anything he shouldn't have? Eaten a plant? How is he otherwise? If he is at all lithargic, not eating or not using the box I'd take him in right away. If he seems alright otherwise I'd still bring him in tomorrow. As others said, only a vet will be able to determine what's wrong. Good luck!

Victoria
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Premier Cat

I was thinking a respiratory or gastrointestinal bug, with the drooling, sneezing and vomiting. But I wouldn't even want to guess.
Poor Oliver, I hope he feels better soon.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:53 PM

I'm inclined to agree with the "ate something" post. One of mine ate something once (never figured out what it was), and exhibited the same symptoms. Heather, do you have emergency service around you? If not, keep a close eye on Oliver till the morning. We cat lovers are usually SO careful to keep harmful things out of the way of our curious felines who just MUST sniff and taste EVERYTHING, but they do find a way to find things, anyway. Good luck. Hugs and prayers to you. Don't forget to give an update, PLEASE. We care.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:59 PM

I very sorry to hear about Oliver. I hope you find out what's wrong. Envy is not experiencing the exact same thing but he has been doing a cough/sneeze thing and has been sleeping all day. He is eating fine but I am still worried. I plan to take him to the vet this week. The kitten we have is also experiencing the same thing but is active. I have went to the vet for him and they just gave me some antibiotics, which still did not clear it completely.

Please keep us updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page