Lost cat... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Lost cat...

Well, i feel like dirt, worst than dirt.

My gf's cat escaped tonight. I did all the things you should do, food out, shirt, ext..., but i still feel crummy. She's sitting outside right now in the dark waiting, but it's a big forest out there. Just feel horrible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:08 PM

Awww, mistakes happen, and the furrkids are so quick you can't stop them if they're determined.

*Crossing fingers* really really hard that kitty will be recovered very, very soon.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkitties
Awww, mistakes happen, and the furrkids are so quick you can't stop them if they're determined.

*Crossing fingers* really really hard that kitty will be recovered very, very soon.
thank you for your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:54 AM

Did the kitty come home last night?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:32 PM

Hope the kitty comes back!! Keep us posted.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your kitty. Has he/she come home yet?
Was he/she a kitten or a cat?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

A little more information...

I went back this morning and did another big walk through all the woods. Didn't find a thing. Then i looked under her back yard shed, and there he was. This is the same shed that he was found under about 1 1/2 years ago. We tried and tried to coax him out, but he wouldnt budge. We tried untill we both ran out of time and had to leave.

Came back about 4 hours later, and he wasn't under there any more

My current line of throught is this, hope someone has some further thoughts...

1) It's a good sign that he showed up anywhere at all. Meaning that he hasn't taken off for the hills.

2) Keeping food and water near the shed will re-enforce the idea that home is home, and keep him from wondering away.

3) Even though he's not there now, there's a good chance he'll return to the shed when he's done doing what ever he's out doing.

So lost on this one...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:26 PM

I would try and keep checking maybe every hour or 2 as long as work/other obligations doesn't interfere. I would check the spot you found him the first time. When you go over try to not make a lot of noise. If you see him I would find a spot maybe 30 feet from where he is and sit down on a ground. With a gentle and soothing voice call his name and just try talking to him. don't make any swift movements unless he is definately in reach. You may want to bring a towel/blanket with you to grab him with if there is the potential he may get a aggressive.

I think the thougts you are having right now seem to make sense to me.

Other thing you could try is if he shows up in the same spot and he likes playing with string is to get a long piece of string and try to wiggle it around close enough to the shed for him to see. If he falls for it and comes out of the shed keep playing with the string a little more bringing it closer to you each time. It may be good to have your girlfriend right next to you so you can keep playing with the string and she can be prepared to grab him.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitu22
I would try and keep checking maybe every hour or 2 as long as work/other obligations doesn't interfere. I would check the spot you found him the first time. When you go over try to not make a lot of noise. If you see him I would find a spot maybe 30 feet from where he is and sit down on a ground. With a gentle and soothing voice call his name and just try talking to him. don't make any swift movements unless he is definately in reach. You may want to bring a towel/blanket with you to grab him with if there is the potential he may get a aggressive.

I think the thougts you are having right now seem to make sense to me.

Other thing you could try is if he shows up in the same spot and he likes playing with string is to get a long piece of string and try to wiggle it around close enough to the shed for him to see. If he falls for it and comes out of the shed keep playing with the string a little more bringing it closer to you each time. It may be good to have your girlfriend right next to you so you can keep playing with the string and she can be prepared to grab him.
Tried the string this morning. He's big with the string, but no such luck!

I honestly thought about pulling up the floor of the shed to get at him.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

He's back.

It just didn't seem right to me that he'd go anywhere, so i got an old car jack and jacked up the front of the shed, and there he was.

A quick snatch and run to the house.

Whoooh.

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page