Cats and Moving - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Cats and Moving

Hi to all

Sorry for the plain subject name, was not sure what to call it.

Anyway I will get on with my questions etc.

I have recently moved into to my new house, 110 miles away from where I was before.

Normal you are meant to keep your cat inside for at least 3 to 4 weeks, when moving and letting them out for the first time.

However my little kitty cat was out and about no problems at all after 2 to 3 days is this normal? Has anyone else had this with there cat? Or is Lexx (my cat) very adaptable to his environment!

A bit of background information for the next questions Lexx came to me when he was a stray nearly 4 years ago, so my one of my questions is why do you think he was lost in the first place, was it due to the old owner or a new cat in the house etc I real do not know.

Therefore is if it was due to a new cat in the house? And we are thinking about getting another kitty soon, do you think Lexx will adapt to him?

Any ideas will be helpfully

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 05:55 PM

that's great that the adjustment period has gone so well so far! my cats are indoor only, so I don't know what to tell you. Hopefully someone will be able to help you further. My boys both adjusted within 24 hours to the new home when we moved a few months ago. (I made sure that I hadn't washed some items so that they had the "old home scent" so the boys would be more comfortable)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page