Katrina Animals - Please pass the word... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Katrina Animals - Please pass the word...

I hope this is not a re-post...The Hurricane Katrina Emergency Animal Shelter at LSU AgCenter's John M. Parker Coliseum will stop accepting any animals Oct. 1 and will shut down shelter operations altogether Oct. 15. Owners are to pick up their animals by Sept. 30 or give consent for foster care or adoption. The LSU School of Veterinary Medicine’s Web site includes information on foster care and adoption of these animals: http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/ If you can help in any way, please follow the appropriate link on the mentioned website. You don’t have to adopt…all of these animals are pets brought there by their owners because they had no where else to bring them (shelters and many hotels do not accept pets). Most of these animals just need temporary foster care until their owners can get their lives back in order.
These victims have already lost enough, now they may have to lose their faithful companions. In some cases that’s all they have left. Please forward this and/or post this on as many forums as you can. Also, please don’t allow the “red tape” to stop you. Keep in mind that every thing cannot possibly be completely organized. If you truly want to help you will keep trying until you have exhausted all possibilities. No matter what one person tells you, just keep going up the ladder, because numerous people need your help with the care of their animals. I have a cat that is treated like my child so it’s easy for me to understand the attachment involved here. I live here so it's a little bit easier for me to help foster any that I can. But you may live in an area that has a people shelter whose animals are located here and maybe you can go there and ask if you can foster their pets who may be at LSU. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 08:14 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
There are five Katrina threads open. I'll refer you to:

https://catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23738

https://catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23879

You can give documented information in the thread that best suits this subject. Thanks!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page