My new vet is awesome!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

My new vet is awesome!!!

I took Willis for his yearly check up to the new vet last weekend. It took me about 45 min to get there with the construction but it was well worth it. Everyone there was sooo kind, understanding, compassionate, and personable. They allowed me to let Willis out of the cage when I got into the room and let me hold him for a while before they did anything to him. Willis was at total ease with them. The vet really knew what she was doing and never made me leave the room for anything. Almost everything she did to him she narrated her way through it for me and showed me what was going on with his teeth. She even asked me about myself and what I do for work/fun.
She loved Willis tooo. She loves his little black nose and wants me to send her pictures. Yesterday when I got home from work I got a msg wanting to know how Willis was doing after his checkup last week. I have never had a vet do that before.
It's interesting too because the vet endorses the NekoFeeder thing I think I have seen as an ad on this site.
http://www.nekofeeder.com/WhatdoesNekoFeederdo.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 01:37 PM

Well thats good for you!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 06:46 PM

I wish i could find a vet like that, and that my vet would show a bit more compassion!!!!
Whenever i need to go he always make you feel like you have done something wrong regardless of whether you have or not!

He also has a bit of an attitude, which does not make me feel comfortable about seeing him. With 4 cats it's not something i can avoid.

You are very lucky to find such a caring and understanding vet who obviously does care about the animals that she is treating, (which in my experience i don't feel is the case) i think that it is time for us to move on to someone new, and a vet like yours would be ideal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 07:45 PM

I wish I could find a vet like that! I am planning to look for a new vet soon. I am considering a "cat only" hospital I found. I feel like the vets always like the dogs better. I never get "what a handsome boy" or anything. It's always business business business. This cost this and this cost that. GRRRR.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

My old vet was not very good at all. It is actually called Cats of Vermont and they dealt strictly with cats. The place I go now is also a strictly cats vet. It is called Affectionately Cats. It costs twice as much as the other place and is a bit of drive but it's well worth it. I am bringing Lily in next week.
I decided to move on because the old vet was impatient, rough, and not very thorough. Not to mention when they did the shots they would always take the cat into a different room and I wasn't allowed to go in. that just didnt' sit right with me. The new place I get to be a part of everything that goes on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Premier Cat

I'm glad you found a vet you like. It's so important.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page