can't settle on a name - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

can't settle on a name

Ok... so, we have our new kitty, but our new kitty has no name. We started calling him Winton, but that doesn't seem to fit. My bf wants to call him... get this... "Doogie Meowser MD," (Doogie for short) b/c he meows like crazy and he thinks its funny. It is funny... but come on now. (He does want me to get opinions though.. if you think it's good, tell me... i guess.. )

Here's his personality...
Talks a LOT...
Head butts you about a gazillion times a day (which made us think of the name "Rhino", but that doesn't have a good ring to it either...)
Purrs incessently
Very very friendly
eats like a piggy

And here's a couple pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:17 PM

lol i like doogie mowser!!!!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Premier Cat

What a cutie! How about Butt-head?Ha Ha! Wish I could help but with a cat named "Little-one" I'm afraid chosing names is not my strong point.

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Premier Cat

What an adorable kitty!!

Just curious -- what are your other cats' names (assuming this is not your first)? Maybe we can come up with something that will go with them.

I have to admit, Doogie is kind of cute!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:32 PM

Razz!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

hahaha... ok... you guys aren't helping...

first I post a thread about finding a new kitty and that I'm not sure I want to keep it.. and everyone here TALKS me into it!!
Then my bf picks a name that he wants soooooo bad and needs no encouragement, and you're helping him strengthen his argument. He may just win, but for a bit, I'm holding out to see if anyone has good ideas.
Our other cat's name is Sheba... not an intentional naming, but when we found her (a stray as well) I had been reading a play that had a line about a cat named Sheba (Angels in America). For some reason I called her that, and it stuck.

Oh... I laughed out loud when I read the posts and from the other room I heard "What??? Tell me, What???" Now I have to go him that you guys are on his side!!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 02:47 AM

doogie boogie

meow!!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:35 AM

Sorry....but I think Doogie rather fits. It's a cute name and a unique name. I like it. With cats named Wallace, Marcellus and Lewis I probably am not of much help either.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Doogie is cute.

My cats all have pretty names, but somehow I always ended up calling them "Meow Meow"
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Ok... I think it may be official... the new guy is named "Doogie Meowser MD." It is starting to grow on me. Though, I honestly don't know if I can go to the vets next week and tell them that "Stray cat" (what he was called last time we were there) has been named Doogie Meowser MD.
My bf got a kick out of the fact that everone was on his side here! (Yeah, thanks guys ).
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to call him Doogie or Meowser. Probably both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page