Sayonara gets spayed today - **UPDATE** - Infection - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 08:48 AM

Sayonara gets spayed today - **UPDATE** - Infection

Just wanted to ask you guys for good thoughts today. I took Sayonara in this morning to be spayed and I don't get to pick her up till tomorrow morning.

I'm afraid I made a scene when I dropped her off...I left bawling my eyes out. I'm so pathetic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Cool Cat

lol
awww! it JUST a spay!
She'll be FINE!

My little Buick got neutered a couple of weeks ago and I was ok with it - altho they had to do an chest xray before to check out his lungs cuz of a medical concern my vet had - so I was a little worried about that, but it worked out ok.
The main thing that got me, was that I was not expecting to leave him overnight, so when the tech said I could pick him up the next day between 8 and 1pm, I was like . But that worked out better anyways, cuz then he could recover in a small area and get some rest before he came back the next day to terrorize everyone again.

Good thoughts and prayers heading your and Sayonara's way. Let us know how it goes!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 01:37 PM

Sending lots of good thoughts your way! I know how you feel, and you are sooo *not* pathetic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 02:09 PM

I called to check on her around lunch. She's doing perfectly fine. I, on the other hand am not. I feel so miserable knowing that she won't be at home tonight. I cried when I hung up the phone. It wasn't so bad with my boys...they got to come home the same day. (I was pathetic like this when my dog was spayed too).

When I got the cat carrier out this morning, the other cats all stood around looking at each other. I guess they were wondering who had the privilege of going in the crate. When I left with her this morning the others were just sitting at the door. I know they'll miss her too.

Enough rambling...thanks for the words of encouragement.

I can't wait till 7:30 tomorrow morning!!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 03:24 PM

I know it's not easy getting a cat spayed, but she'll be fine. My cat recently got spayed, and she still has stitches from it. She only got spayed last week.

Make sure she's calm when she gets back! It's very important that she is.

Best wishes for Sayonara!

RC
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Cool Cat

Hi hear ya, I got very emotional too. I cried at the thought of the kitties being on their own and not knowing what was happening. Murried2 you just have a soft heart. Nothing wrong with that. Bet your kitties luv you bunches.

Shari
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 07:44 PM

Our first two got spayed in one day -- we dropped them off in the morning and then picked them up that night. Jazmine we had to take and leave her overnight beforehand because they did it early in the morning -- I was a WRECK, crying and upset because she had to be alone. She probably slept the night away in the cage without a care...and I was being stupid...but I know how you feel, I'm sensitive when it comes to my babies, too.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Premier Cat

Amanda, how'd it go?

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Cat

I hate to tell you this but Molly Girl when she went in everything was just fine, when I went to pick her up she had removed all her staples and they had to fix her up and ended up staying the night. She is now 14 and her belly drags looks like she should be doing crunches but then so should I.
She really isn't fat but the doc said it is because she pulled out the staples before she could heal. She was fixed at 6 or 7 months.

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nklincoln
I hate to tell you this but Molly Girl when she went in everything was just fine, when I went to pick her up she had removed all her staples and they had to fix her up and ended up staying the night. She is now 14 and her belly drags looks like she should be doing crunches but then so should I.
She really isn't fat but the doc said it is because she pulled out the staples before she could heal. She was fixed at 6 or 7 months.
Mine never had staples, just internal stitches. Do they still do staples or does it depend on the vet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page