Can cats get jealous? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Can cats get jealous?

I adopted my cat about a year and 6months ago. She is the first cat ive ever owned, and is really awesome (ive always had dogs).

Im thinking of maybe adopting another cat, but I dont want it to affect my current cat. If I brought a kitten home, would she get jealous, or feel sad, like she is being replaced? Or do you think she would get along well with a new kitten (my cat is about 3yrs old).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:01 PM

my cats get jealous..BUT only if i missplace the heirarchy.

My Sophie is the eldest...shes my baby and if i pet her first or give her the new toy first she is happy. if i dont pet her first, she sulks...butthats as far as it goes. but still...they would be so miserable without eachother...they are the best of friends
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Premier Cat

Although there were some bumps as Snickers became acquainted with Pumpkin and Pepper (they were kittens and came into our home together), he has definitely been happier since they came. He no longer howls when we leave the house, and he loves having someone to play with. Jealousy has not been an issue.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Cool Cat

Chloe gets soooooooooo jealous if I start loving on Macy or letting Macy lay next to me. If Chloe isn't the center of attention she is literally ticked off. and will just walk off and watch. Then she'll be mad for a while before wanting any love and attention.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 06:37 PM

My cats don't seem to get too jealous of each other but Wallace sure gets jealous of Corky our dog.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 05:01 PM

One of mine comes running from wherever he is in the house as soon as he hears me talking to any of the others. He just HAS to be a part of anything that goes on.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

There's more about jealousy in this thread: https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25161

(mods -- not hinting about a duplicate topic, it's a related topic that might be of interest to readers of this thread)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Cat

My Gizmo gets jealous all the time. Well, I can certainly tell he's miffed and wants me to know it! He'll see me petting/cuddling one of my other kitties and he'll turn his back and lower his head, looking at me sideways, giving me his "dejected" pose. It's adorable! But, of course, I feel bad ... I pet him and praise him for being the cuddly bundle of joy he is ... while sneaking in a few strokes to the other kitty when I think Gizmo's not looking!

Lately my bf has been feeding two strays who decided our front stoop was a great place to hang out. I've noticed a lot more "cuteness" (aka my cats acting like kittens with adorable kittenish mewing and lots of cuddle time). I think they remember the few weeks we had with that stray white kitten a few months back and don't want another possible kitty in the house!

<3 my kitties. Jealousy is so cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page