Bathroom Tales or is it "Tails?" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Bathroom Tales or is it "Tails?"

What is it about cats and bathrooms? I know lotsa cats like them. My Lewis just has to come into the bathroom. My door doesn't close very tightly so everytime I have to go, Lewis trots right to the bathroom. I really don't mind so much, but for whatever reason, he is exceptionally affectionate then. So now we have a ritual going, which of course, I've reinforced. But I am always amazed as to "Why the bathroom?" as I am just as affectionate no matter where I am; for whatever reason he thinks the bathroom is where it's at. Silly, silly kitty. And then there's Wallace, my toilet paper fiend, who got into the toilet paper... again. All I can do is laugh as I know better than to leave it out. I have a place for it so he can't get to it but today I forgot. We were gone afternoon and when we came home, there was toilet paper, shredded to bits in the bathroom, hallway, living room and on the couch. Wallace, I'm sure, had a most splendid time. What could I say? I just told him that I hoped he had fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 10:23 PM
d_b
Cat

Mine become exceptionally affectionate when I'm in the bathroom also. I think it's because we are a captive audience.

If you can't spoil a pet, there is no use in having one.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 11:53 AM

No kidding, everyone comes and visits me in the bathroom. And if the door is closed, they either sit outside and wait, or a little paw comes under the door to wave at me. Three of my cats actually want to get into my lap, too...lol...especially when I get up in the middle of the night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Cool Cat

Same here. My three are in the bathroom with me every morning as I try to ready for work, vying for my attention, playing in the sink, hopping in and out of the wet tub, of course Billie winds up on my left hip as I apply mascara with my right hand. Then JoJo start with the water. I have to turn the spigot on so she can lap the water, then Big Tom muscles her out of the way, Billie then sneak attacks him, this is nearly every morning. I call it catnastics.

Shari
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 PM

Bathrooms are the "funnest" places for kitties. Everytime I sit on the toilet, they all come in and mill around, looking for petting and talking. It's almost as if tinkling in the toilet is a mating call to them. My Kip just HAS to scratch in the cat litter every time I'm on the toilet. Like he's "burying" whatever I am doing. He's obsessed with rearranging the cat litter anyway. He does it at LEAST 4 or 5 times a day besides when he goes and does something. He's just never happy with the way the others leave it. One licks the shower walls after I'm done in the shower. They sit on every surface watching me do my makeup. It really is phenomenal.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

It's almost as if tinkling in the toilet is a mating call to them.
That's too funny.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 03:34 PM

Schnickle always comes in the bathroom when I'm in there. He's rollin all over the place lookin for belly rubs, ear scratches, and just overall affection. Weird thing is, he isnt that affectionate anywhere else.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 08:34 PM

I alway say "Who's training who!?" Ha Ha. Sounds like everyone--like me-- is trained by their cats to be especially loving when they are in the bathroom!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Tom Cat

hahaha, the kittens at my boyfriend's place, I call them my bathroom entourage. If I leave the door shut, they will meow super loud so I just let them in with me

Angie
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnikkifritz
He's rollin all over the place lookin for belly rubs, ear scratches, and just overall affection. Weird thing is, he isnt that affectionate anywhere else.
My Mischka is the same way! I think they know they got a captive audience! LOL

bathroom entourage! I love it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page