Isis found the plants??? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Isis found the plants???

Hi all,

me again in need of more help, now my little Isis has found the plants. One in particular... A huge pot with a whole lotta dirt in it..
She isnt as interested about the plant it self.. she is more interested in the dirt... she has in fact yanked out all the planted steams, which not only causes the plant to die, it also causes all the dirt to be thrown around on the floor..

Last night, after kitty being quiet and "missing" for a while (all cats stay indoors so to loose them means they have to be getting into some kind of badness!) I walked into the livingroom and to my surprise, there is Isis, not only has she taken all the steams out of the potted plant but she has now decided to use the remaining dirt in the pot as a bed...

She was lying in the DIRT.. It was like she had been rolling around in the dirt for hours, till she found just that right spot to sleep in!.

For those who dont know what Isis looks like I will say she is a black kitty now... (although she was pure white for the first 4 months of her life!)

What is up with that? has anyone else had a kitty who is obessed with dirt? When I found her at 2:30am I had to give her a bath, there was no way this little dirt ball was getting anywhere close to me looking like that! Let alone sleep next to me as she usually does...

Try giving a 5 month old kitten who absolutly hates any water touching her a bath at 2 in the morning!...

So now the plant well should I say the pot of dirt (the plant is dead!) is now on the fridge.. the only place she cant climb up to (YET!)...

I was just wondering what is up with that? I have another kitty (bubbly) who eats plants.. but it not interested in the dirt at all...

Somebody help.. Isis is on my last nerve....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Banned

We can do our very best cat-proofing our home and a cat will always find something we didn't think about.

For your remaining plants, Sticky Paws makes plant protector strips. There are less expensive alternatives, like a layer of small rocks or marbles on top of the soil.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 06:46 PM

Ditto what Tim said. Also she might be feeling hot and the dirt may feel cool to her. The texture of it probably feels different and weird and maybe that's why she likes it. You might get her one of those beds that's like a bean bag. It has the little styrofoam balls inside that will feel weird on her. Be carefiul that she doesn't rip that apart as that foam is toxic to humans and cats. I'm sure they make a non-toxic version somewhere though.
Good luck =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Be sure to get rocks that are good sized. I placed rocks around the plant base as a soil cover and it stopped cats digging.

But I had to do it twice because the first ones I got were pebbles about the size of a cat treat. So then the cats started playing with the pebbles. Marbles be a good size to play with also. I ended up getting larger rocks and they finally leave them alone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page