How big do you think my little ones will get? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

How big do you think my little ones will get?

See, I've always had dogs.
I've always known that you can judge how big a dog is going to get by the size of its paws when it's a puppy.
Is there any way to judge how big kittens will get?
I'm definitely just curious. I know Hallie's pretty tiny and don't expect her to grow to be huge, but I'm not so sure about Anya.

I'll post a couple pictures. I just want to know what you all think

Oh- and Anya is about 5 months old, and Hallie's about 4mo.

Anya:

Hallie:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:39 AM

It's really impossible to tell until they are grown....I have always wanted a really big cat, but my boys are actually pretty petite...Gaylord is VERY petite. My girl Ashley is actually the biggest of all of them, so nobody can ever tell me that boys are usually larger than girls!!! My MIL has a cat that is HUGE...about 30 pounds, and he is VEY overweight but he is also a large-boned cat.....probably would be healthy around 14 pounds or so. Anyway, he was the same size as my Gaylord as a kitten/young adult, and Gaylord grew to be a very long, slender, wiry, 9 pounds.

Just have to wait and see.

Oh, BTW- I LOVE Anya....she has the exact same markings as a cat I had when I was little....one of my very first cats, actually....Phoebe.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:33 PM

They are sooooo cute!! Hallie looks like my Kayla.

I'm not sure there's any real way to tell how big they're gonna be. Mozart had huge paws, and everyone said he would be a big one, but he's 'standard' at 11 lbs. Ginza had very small elegant tapered paws, and he turned out to be a whopping 15 lb-er.

I noticed something looking thru the kitty albums, though. The ears seem to be a good indicator of size. Mine seem to have all had fully formed ears at kittenhood. Ginza and Pixie had huge ears, Kayla had small ears, Mozart looked 'standard'.

Not sure it applies at all, but just something I noticed of mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Wow - they look a lot like my two girls!

For what it's worth, Miko and Stephanie are sisters (14 months old). Miko is over 10 pounds, and Stephanie is maybe 8 pounds soaking wet

They were the same size when they were born, and the same size growing up. Just goes to show how hard it is to predict these kinds of things with any accuracy...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Cat Addict

It'll be tough to tell, especially since they're domestic short hairs and you probably don't know much about their parents, grandparents, etc.

Since both cats are girls, you can usually shoot for between 8 and 12 pounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page