top-entry litterbox - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to nocturne123
top-entry litterbox

Hi All,

I decided to foster Pandora since our meeting went very well. She has the sweetest personality, and she ignored my dogs and calmly examined my apartment. My dogs were trying to play with her in a friendly manner. I am now compiling my shopping list before her arrival.

Pandora is 8 year old and approximately 8 pounds according to the rescue. Do you think she could adjust to top-entry litterbox?

The rescue suggests a covered litterbox for her, and my bathroom is probably too small for it (will go to petstore and check it out). The ad for top-entry litterbox says it's dog proof. I would love to hear from you on this.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

I remember reading a post from a member who has a top-entry litterbox and it worked very well for her. But I don't have any experience with it myself. If the cat is used to covered boxes, I suppose you just have to show her where the opening is and she should get used to it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 02:52 PM

I switched to a top entry box for our cat to help with the dogs eating the poo. So far it has worked very well. I just left the lid off for a couple of days, then put it on and he adjusted right away. My cat is considerably larger than 8 lbs so I was a bit nervous at first about the size of the entry hole but he does fine with it. I am a very happy camper!

-Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page