Lost Cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Lost Cat

I know I don't write often, so you all don't know me that well, but I do read alot for advice and what not.
Well, I am in need of some major encouragement. As with all of you, my cat is my baby, she's my heart and my heart has been broken. Tweak somehow got out unoticed last night and we can't find her anywhere. She is strictly an indoor cat (unless we put her on a harness, which isn't that often). She does have her claws, thanks to the wonderful advice I learned from this site. I am really upset becasue she doesn't have her collar on. We had to take it off last week becasue she burned herself on the curling iron(we think), so the vet said to leave the collar off so it won't irritate it more. I feel like a terrible mommy right now. I've already put up 20 flyers throught the neighborhood and spoken with a few neighbors, so hopefully she will turn up. I'm just scared of her mainly getting hit by a car, I live close to the main hwy and see animals on the road all of the time. I'm just so sad. It's only been since last night, but I have really high anxiety and it doesn't take much to get me worked up. Any words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brook (you can see many pics of her in the gallery if you want)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Cat

My baby now age 14 went out the door when I went to work one day without me noticing she was under a year old. When I got home no Molly Girl, I was frantic I cried I called and all the neighbors looked with me. Well our next door neighbor had a dog house no dog just the house I found Molly Girl inside crying and very freigtned. I did not hear her at first but happened to just look inside.

Another time she went out the door and I couldn't find her. I called and looked and was very upset. I walked along the sidewalk and there she was looking at me hiding in bushes. She acted very anoid that I had found her.

Please think possitive she is probably out there and not far from home. If they are indoor cats they will not go far. Look in the bushes. And listen very close.

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Cool Cat

That is sooo scarey!! My neighbor's indoor (formerly indoor/outdoor) cat got out a couple of weeks ago and we went looking for hours for him. I asked everyone I saw if they had seen him and was able to track down several "sightings." He finally showed back up late that night. It wasn't even my cat but I felt for my neighbor as I do for you.

The first thing is, are you SURE she is not in the house somewhere?? I have been freaked out before thinking one had gotten out, to find out they had just been in a new hiding place

If she did get out, you are doing the right thing - you prob already know about this post --> Steps to Tak if Your Cat is Missing https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7722

You aren't a bad mom - cats have a mind of their own as you know. Just concentrate on finding her and try not to beat yourself up!

Prayers and positive thoughts heading your way!! Let us know!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Cat Addict

Hugs and prayers being sent for Tweaks swift & safe return
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Good news

Thank you all for the encouragement...I so happy to report that we found her last night. You guys were right, she didn't go far from home at all. She was in the back yard under the shed. I looked, a neighbor looked and my husband all looked under there at different times of the day, but it is a big shed and impossible to see every hiding space under there so we never saw her. After my husband came home from work, he looked under there again and didn't see her, but once he went to his truck and got out a bag that rattled (she knows that means treats) out popped her precious little head from under the shed! He said she was sooooo scared. She's been purring up a storm and is so full of love since she got back inside. She hasn't even wanted to play, just cuddles and purrs.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Cat Addict

Glad to hear she's back home, safe and sound.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Cool Cat

awwww!!! That is such good news!!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Premier Cat

I'm so glad you found your kitty and she's OK! That's great!!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page