Not sure of what Lily thinks of me anymore. - update! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Not sure of what Lily thinks of me anymore. - update!

when i first found Lily I was so taken by her because she was just as affectionate and sweet as my Willis. For the first week she was with us locked in her own room she would meow at me and purr when I would get home from work. She would roll around in the chair and have me pet her. Now that she has met my other cat Willis she has totally changed. She is vey withdrawn and shows little emotion. More than 50% of the encounters she has with Willis include her growling and swatting and running behind the curtains. The only time she will tolerate him is when they are both sleeping (which can be a couple of feet apart) or when they are eating. When I am getting ready to feed them they both do figure eights aroudn each other. This is one of the few times Lily will rub up against me.

Just this evening I went in the upstairs extra room with her without willis and the door closed and she hid in the corner behind the speaker. I got a tiny bowl of ice cream and she came over and took a few licks. I went to pet her and she ran off back behind the speaker.

She just isn't the same. I love her but I feel bad for her. I felt like I did the introductions on the slow side and am respectful of her. I have had her since the end of August. Does she just need more time? What else can I do. Strangly enough last week she fell asleep on me for 2 hours but this was an isolated incident.

Willis does try to play with her a lot. He is not hostile but wants to tumble with her but she just gets really mad by it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned

Something that helped Mellie gain confidence in being around Tommy is letting her sleep with me at night and having the run of the house. The boys are shut in the cat room because they make too much noise. I think just being on her own and with me (even if I'm asleep) gives her a chance to destress. Maybe that's something you can try with Lily.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Interestingly enough this morning I caught Lily on our wooden kitchen chair (which is momentarily filling in as the computer desk chair) attacking it and biting at the air and swatting around. She really never plays and this def. looked like play to me. The funny thing is the chair is right near the futon and Willis was sitting on the edge of the futon just watching her flip out. It was so funny and so unlike her.

An hour or so later this is what I found. They have slept near each other before on the floor or in chairs where they can't really see each other. This seemed special though.

Maybe it's the impending full moon. Who knows, but it's pretty cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page