If you were to get additional cats &/or other pets.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

If you were to get additional cats &/or other pets....

..what types would you get? I would get a large cat (long, 25+ pounds) and also a blue one. Other pets I might consider getting include a Jungle Cat hybrid, a medium-to-medium large dog, a ferret or a large exotic rat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Cat

A big cat. We used to have a big cat, but I don't really know how big he was. Willow is close to his size, at 9 pounds, so Grizzly must have been at least 10 or 11 pounds. I would love to have a 15 pound cat, lol. 7 pound Buffy just doesn't cut it, though if she and Willow sleep in the same spot, behind my leg or whatever, then it works for me, lol
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Once we move into an apartment that allows dogs, we are planning to get a Shiba Inu! I hear they are like cats in that they are very clean. Much like cats, they are also independent and have their own quirky personality. In case you were wondering, we would definitely get a puppy so we can properly socialize him to live with our 3 cats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 09:09 PM

The next step for me is an all black kitten, then a calico kitten. I think 5 cats and an aquarium and 2 kids, and a husband are plenty till I buy my house. We just have a small 2 bedroom house right now. So it is a bit crowded, but I just can't resist those kittens! I actually saw some in the paper that are black. I might have to go "rescue" one!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I don't think I'll get another cat until one of the two I have is no longer with me (Unless some circumstance arises and I can't turn a cat away!). Next pet for me is most likley a dog. I'd love a Newfoundland, or a Doberman, or a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but I'll probably end up just going to the pound and bringing home the one that picks me

I'd also really like to get a chinchilla when the time is right... I can't have one now, as I don't have a house with climate controls (ie. air conditioning. We have heating but it's randomly dispersed in this old house) and chinchillas are VERY sensitive to varying temperatures.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Cat Addict

I'm actually thinking about getting another rabbit... but... I dunno. I wonder how my bunny would react to having another of his kind around. Someday I want a dog too, and I'd also like to have ferrets again...
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 01:01 AM

1 preferably 2 border collies from rescues.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 03:54 AM

Since the BF wants another dog.......I think we will probably be getting one. He wants a Presa Canario or a Doberman. I want another APBT or a Rotweiler. I'd like another cat, but I think 4 is enough for me at least right now. I've been tying with the idea of getting a ferret though. I'm planning on moving my turtle to a larger tank, so I may get something for the exsisting tank.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 04:50 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
DylansDaddy wants a pug
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005, 10:01 AM

Well, I'll just list 'other' pets that I wouldn't mind having one day:

a nice large fish tank with fish
a turtle (I miss having them!)
a prairie dog

But with alllll the kitties I'm pretty busy with them! hehe (though I might push for the fish tank one day )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page