Cat collar for cat with fat/stubby neck....... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Cat collar for cat with fat/stubby neck.......

After the Katrina pet disaster I've decided it was time for my indoor only kitties to wear collar/tags to identify them if they are ever in a situation where they need to be identified.
So, I went out and got collars and tags for both of them. That was about a month ago.
Calypso has adjusted well to her collar, it did take a little time for her to get used to it.
Korbel is another story. I noticed earlier today that her neck is full of scabs all around the collar area, one is actually pretty big-about the size of a dime. I think the problem is that she has a fat stubby neck so the collar rides up on her up by the ears and is uncomfortable.
Does anyone have a cat with a fat/stubby neck that wears a collar? If so, which collar worked best for you.
Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

I think these might work for you, Jennifer:

http://www.nationalleash.com/cat_safety_collar.htm

Mellie still won't wear a collar, but Rocket and Tommy are wearing them (in black.)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Premier Cat

Are your cats micro chipped.. then maybe she wouldnt
have to wear a collar but be identified easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Tim I'll have to get some of those. It seems like that would work better because they would just roll rather than rub.

M&T, no they're not microchipped-I should do that also though. But the tags are more easily readible for the average Joe on the street. But the dogs have both, I'm not sure why I never got the cats done.

Jennifer
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 01:21 AM

When we had Boris here, we had to buy dog collars for him, because none of the cat ones were large enough.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Premier Cat

Jennifer I know the Humane Society in Tucson lets you walk in and they will chip them right then. No waiting on appointments for it. Plus they are the cheapest in town and use the universal one.

Tim collars look like they might work for you. I have the yellow tag on mine for the chip info on the collar with the 1-800 # with all my info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page