Halloween Warning - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Halloween Warning

For those of you with outdoor or indoor/outdoor cats, please keep them inside during Halloween! Especially for black kitties, bad things can happen.
Also be careful to watch the door with trick or treaters coming.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:27 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I have FOUR black kitties. I am planning to simply leave my apartment tomorrow evening so I don't have to answer to trick or treaters, period.

Also, all the doors and windows will be locked.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 01:35 AM

Too True... Gosh almighty, If black kitties aren't being persecuted, they languish in pounds, not getting adopted 'cause they are 'bad luck' or not 'interesting' enough I have 2 black little ones, myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 05:11 AM

i too will not be answering my door (the dogs barking puts most kids off anyway!)
i adore black cats, i think they are my favourite. we do a lot of work for the rspca and when you go to the kennels it just black cat, black cat, black and white cat, black cat.... i had a beautiful sleek black cat called kevin who had to be sadly pts a little over a year ago, he was just the tender age of 2. i would have a house full of blacks/tuxedo's!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 07:42 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Our oldest cat Beeper rarely goes out anyway, but since she is all black she's kept in 24/7 this time of year. We've even posted signs on the doors to remind the kiddos "Beeper Must Stay Inside".

Our other three are indoor-only, and I don't think we have to worry about them. The first trick-or-treaters last night were our next door neighbor, who brought over her little girl and their dog. The dog was great, she had him in a Gentle Leader and stayed off the porch. But all the cats needed to do was see him and they stayed far away from the door all night
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Cool Cat

Yep we had the scare already. Thought JoJo escaped. She was gone this time last year for three months. Found her hiding in the linen closet.

Shari
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Jr. Cat

We also have 2 beauitful black cats and I'm also saddened about peoples ignorance towards them,. We used to live near Salem, MA and the animal shelter does'nt like to adopt out black cats during the season beacause of sickos. What I do is take a chair and sit on my porch so my door never opens for trickortreaters. It's more fun also because you can see everyone better.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 PM

I'm a bit confused! Why is it important to keep black cats inoors at halloween? I know of the suspicions but what do people do to them? I think it's a different kind of holiday here than it is in America...we only had two trick or treaters last night. Bonfire night and the run up to it is the time that worries me...loads of horrid kids that just chuck fireworks at people and through their letter boxes...it's really sad.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:12 PM

My cat Tux had just gotten out on Halloween night, he ran out the door when the trick or treaters were here. After an hour I went out back and called him and he came running back. Was very happy to see he was safe. He's mostly a black cat too.

Spamlet, I live in America too, and many Humane societys have a rule stating that no black cats are eligable for adoption during the month of October, there are sick people out there that will find black cats or whatnot for Halloween and torture/kill them.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:38 PM

sick. why, why, why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page