Lily is finally blossoming! Update - more progress!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Lily is finally blossoming! Update - more progress!!!

I have had Lily since the beginning of september now. She was real mangy looking and had bad feline acne under her chin. She seemed to be on the skinny side too. When I brought her to the vet about a week after I got her the vet commented on how bad she was shedding and her coat was dull and dry and just looked over all very mangy. The vet did some bloodwork but we both figured she probably just needed time in a home where she was going to be treated and fed well.

Her coat now has become much fuller, softer and has a shine to it. She has put on a little weight and her feline acne has nearly cleared up. the vet had given me a topical ointment for it which seemed to make it worse and then timskitties recommended I use Hibiclens but the only problem is Lily won't tolerate me cleaning her chin for that long. But I noticed yesterday that it was almost all gone!! She has become a little more playful too. she chases her tail, attacks the rug, and sometimes will go after Willis instead of him going after her.

Now I just wish she was a little more friendly. she doesn't growl or hiss at me but she isn't really affectionate either. I think she wants to be the queen of the household as she was super affectionate before she met my other cat. I feel bad in that respect that maybe mentally she is not as happy as she can be but physically she seems to look a lot healthier. Maybe she will come around and be more lovable in time but I am happy with the progress she has made so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM

That's great she's doing better health wise and starting to play more. It will take time for her to come around. Maybe she was more affectionate before also because she wasn't feeling well. I've had cats before that wanted more attention when they were sick, just like kids,lol.
Hopefully soon she'll start opening up more even though she feels better.
--Annasaur
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Her progress keeps getting better. Last night I put Willis up in Sean's room and spent time with just Lily in the living room. Sean finally found his lazer pointer and since Lily has not been interested in playing with any other toys I figured it was worth a shot. She LOVED it!!! She was chasing around, tearing around and purring the whole time. She started rubbing up against my legs and wanting me to pet her. She hasn't acted this way since back in early september. I am sooo happy. Hopefully she keeps it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Cat

FELINE ACNE

My vet had me change from bowls to flat trays/plates for Fella's food due to acne.seems cat faces are susceptible to plastic "edges" on bowls.............he never had the problem again in thirteen years..............
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

since i have gotten lily she has been using stainless steel. She had the condition when I got her and it has cleared up. I assume she was being fed out of plastic bowls in her last home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page