Do cats sleep....or just take lots of naps? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to ziggystyles Send a message via Yahoo to ziggystyles
Do cats sleep....or just take lots of naps?

Hi all,
So today, I was wondering....when it comes to cats and their sleeping habits...do they sleep for long periods...or do they just take lots of naps? Like...I know my dog sleeps with my mom on the bed at her house all night long and takes naps during the day; but I guess I dont really know if my cat is up and around during the night or if she pretty much snores right through. What do you think?

lol...one of those deep questions, I know
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 02:56 AM

Ours sleep through the night on our bed with us and the dog. BUT, they will not go to bed until both uf us are in bed for the night.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 03:15 AM
Premier Cat

Same here. But, of course, they ALSO nap a lot!

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 07:49 AM

I think my kitties sleep all day when Sean and I are work. They figure even if we are sleepign at night, we are here and if they can bug us enough while we are sleeping that maybe we will wake up and give them attention. Willis all week has been coming into my bedroom at odd hours of the night and licking my face. I hate wet sandpaper on my face at 3am. Although I have to remind myself that one day I will wish he was still bugging me at 3am with his sandpaper tongue
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Premier Cat

They do both; they sleep and take lots of naps!

Velvet generally spends most of the night at the foot of our bed. She had been a purr monster at 5am every morning this past week. She seems to go through this every so often. My husband is inclined to get us this early a lot of morning, but I am certainly not!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 12:47 PM

I know for sure that Caleb sleeps through the night because he is curled right up next to me in bed. Sophie I think sleeps through most of the night because I never hear her playing and sometimes I'll wake up and she'll be down by my feet. I heard that cats sleep for about 18 hours a day!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Cool Cat

I figured out why mine has been sleeping all day, Just scroll to the bottom;
acoustic-guitar-reviews

She's been working late reviewing guitars!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Banned

I suspect that for those who say their cat sleeps through the night, their cat really isn't sleeping...it's just curled up on the bed when they wake up. I know of one person who thought his cats slept through the night, but one night when he had to spend the night on the couch, he was amazed to discover that at times during the night his cats were awake and active.

I've noticed that cats can LOOK like they're sleeping, but if you pay attention to their ears, you can see that they're really awake.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 06:37 PM

Caleb is a day time sleeper, he rarely stirs until evening. The rest nap all day and then sleep all night
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 01:59 AM

My cats are going on one year old, and they are still very active at night..they seem to come alive at 9:00 pm.

They sleep alot during the day.

I sure hope at some point they sleep at night instead of rampaging through the house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page