Cats and Shiney Coats. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Cats and Shiney Coats.

JoJo is a gray and white (tabby) shorthair. While the other two cats have nice and shiny coats, Jo's coat looks somewhat dull. Years ago I had a cat very similar to JoJo and her coat looked dull too. Is it just the gray that makes it look blah, or is it something I'm not doing for her?

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Premier Cat

alot of times the coats reflect a health issue going on in the cat.
If you are feeding your cats a quality food and the coat hasnt improved Id be concerned.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
My black cats tend to be extremely shiny. The cats with some white on them tend to be a little more dull.

However, if you see them under the sunlight, then all of them are pretty shiny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
reprot, thank you for posting this. I've been wondering the same thing about my cats. Midnight and Star's fur is similar in texture, though Midnight is all black and Star is gray and white. Both of their coats are very smooth, sleek, and shiny. Even though Lucky has the same coloring as Star, his fur is much fluffier than his mother's and brother's. His coat, because of the fluffiness, seems to be a little on the dull side. Only recently have we been able to see some shiny-ness in Lucky's fur.

----------
Renée
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 12:01 PM

I totally agree high quality fur makes for a healthy shiney coat but i also think the type of fur and color makes a difference too. Marcellus is a totally black short hair and his fur just glistens and shines. Wallace is a mainly grey medium hair and is not near as shiney but if you look in the sunlight you can see the longer hairs shine. His fur is extremely soft and poofy. People always comment on how soft he is. Lewis is mainly black but has very thick, fairly long fur with a lot of grey and white undercoat. It's rather muddy looking as there are brown tones too, not shiny like Marcellus but again, soft as can be. The blacker parts of him shine though. It seems to me that if they are eating good quality food and are healthy it's just a matter of fur type.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 09:06 PM

Lily's coat is just now starting to get shiny and I think it is due to her diet and drinking more water. However it still looks dull sometimes in certain lighting because she is grey and I just think grey is not a good color as far as shine. Willis has a nice shiney coat but he is ginger and I think it shows up better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page