Fresh Results cat litter - anyone heard of it - comments? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 12:50 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to ziggystyles Send a message via Yahoo to ziggystyles
Fresh Results cat litter - anyone heard of it - comments?

Hi all,
So Cleo was running low on litter and I didnt change it when I wanted to so, at Wal Mart the other day...I was shopping and they didnt have the brand I normally get which is Arm and Hammer Easy Flush. Ive been using that for quite a while and I like the flushable litter...saves me time and there is no smell and I dont have to buy a special container.

Anywho...the only other flushable kind was a product made by a company called Eight in One and it is Fresh Results litter.

I dont know what it is made up of....but its material is, to me, finer than other litters...sort of like a rough sand or light gravel. Its very soft and has a wonderful pine sent. Ive only been using it for a couple of days already but I like it so far.

Has anyone elese tried this litter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 08:38 AM

I've never heard of it! Keep us posted on it!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Cat Addict

I have seen it at the Walmart in Glasgow, KY, but I've not tried it. I actually have a good litter that all 8 cats like, so I'm kind of wary of trying to change, but likewise, do keep us posted. If it's really good, it's worth the trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2006, 06:03 AM

I changed my mind a bit, I like the way this litter clumps, isn't sticky and sticks together well. The granules are very small which makes sifting the litter easier but seems to make a bit of a mess. The odor control is ok, Swheat seems to work a bit better. There's no dust and and is made of corncob. I'm debating whether to switch to this or keep using Swheat.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Well I have been using it for about 6 months now or so...probably more than that. Hmm, I think I like it. Its not as a good as the flushable arm and hammer stuff. But this is a very good replacement. The only reason Im using it is because it is the only flushable stuff I can find in my area.

The thing for using this is that...it starts to stink if you dont clean the box out regularly. I used to do this daily, but Ive been sluffing off lately. Cleo doesnt smell, but I think just the accumulation of the stuff in the box adds a certain....aroma...lol.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Tom Cat

They had the same thing about a year ago. I tried it out, and thought it was a reasonable alternative to clay litter. When it came time to get more, Walmart didn't have any. I checked with one of the staff, and was told that they would not be carrying it. They said it was a promotion, and not a regular item. I was surprised to see a display of it again this last week. I don't know if it's another promotion, or if they've decided to carry it regularly.

I've started using chicken feed, and I'm pretty well satisfied with that. I know the feed store won't stop carrying that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Cat

lol...well I work at WM and one thing I call tell you about them is that nothing they do makes sense. I guess it just depends on sales for that item for that store / area. I wish they had a better selection in their pets department, especially in regards to food. All they have are crap brands that I wouldnt buy for my cat...at least for the wet foods. They have Iams which I buy for my cat...but there are other brands out there that I would prefer to buy.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 05:18 PM

I got it once, thinking it would sort of be like Feline Pine, only scoopable. I couldn't stand the strong scent. It's perfumey and doesn't smell natural like Feline Pine. Other than that, I liked it. Odor control wasn't top notch, but it was ok.

I wouldn't get it again. I was hoping it would be an alternative to Feline Pine because I assume cats like soft litter better.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 PM

I tried this litter and it worked well but the fragrance they use is so strong I had to stop using it. My whole apartment smelled like this litter for weeks after I stopped using it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page