Do any of your cats "call" you? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Do any of your cats "call" you?

My Lady girl "calls" for me. Here I am in the computer room and she's snoozing behind the monitor. I get up to go the kitchen to get a bite and she starts "calling" for me to come back. She'll meow every few seconds and keep it up till I come on back to the room. She also does it when she wants a drink of water from the faucet in the sink. Silly, silly girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:48 PM

Sophie doesnt just call me, she tries to have full blown conversations. if you keep talking back to her she can keep it up forever, and every meow, mew or babble sounds diffrent
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Midnight and Lucky are the vocal ones. If they want something, be it food, water, belly rubs, and/or my lap to sit/lay in, they will tell me by meowing and rubbing against my leg. Star, on the other hand, is the strong, silent type. He will just rub against my leg to get my attention and when I look down to see what he wants, he'll look at me with those big yellow-green eyes of his that seem to say, "You know what I want, Mommy. Take care of me."

Another thing that both Lucky and Star do that I find both incredibly cute and sometimes annoying is if I'm at the computer, they'll jump on my bed, walk across the computer desk, step into my lap and either try to look at the screen, help me "type" on the keyboard, snuggle and give kitty head butts...all at the same time. Oh, and I can't forget the purring, either.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow771
Sophie doesnt just call me, she tries to have full blown conversations. if you keep talking back to her she can keep it up forever, and every meow, mew or babble sounds diffrent
JoJo does that too. For some unknown reason this only takes place in the kitchen.

Shari
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
JoJo does that too. For some unknown reason this only takes place in the kitchen.
That's because she's telling you a) that she wants to eat and b) what she wants to eat. LOL!

----------
Renée
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 08:01 PM

Harley will yell loudly for me if she hears me talking in another room.

So I just say, "I'm in here, Harley."

And in she runs, chattering the entire way! I call Harley my little 'three pack a day smoker' since her meow is so raspy and obnoxious!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 PM

All of mine talk to me all the time.

Tink will meow for me to come into the bathroom to turn the bathtub faucet on a bit so she can drink.

Minnie will meow for attention at my feet, and if I come into the bedroom and don't talk to her, she'll meow or chirp at me to give her attention (lol, sometimes I'll purposely ignore her because it's so cute!).

Jazmine wakes up from a nap and meows at me as she runs over for love. She'll also sit on the kitchen counter and meow if I'm in the bathroom so I'll come out and give her a treat. She's also the one to wake me up in the morning for food.

Trixie meows at me as she runs to me for attention, and she meows around the apartment until she finds me.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 10:35 PM

Schnitz calls - Meow, Meow, Meow - for me from another room. I'm supposed to come and play hide and seek with him. Or more like hide-only because 90% of the time he is hiding in the bathtub behind the curtain. I come into the room and find him and he jumps out, swats a polka dot on the curtain and runs. Then we repeat it a few minutes later. Occasionally he will be in a different room. His calls get louder and have more syllables the longer it takes for me to come. MEEEOOOOWWWOOOOOWWWWW!

He's only 15 mos old so he still wants to play constantly. I'm sure my neighbors hope he out grows this soon.

Squirrel is a lady and only meows softly when she is hungry.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Tom Cat

Tuxie doesn't meow too much, but she is our alarm clock in the morning. She meows around 6:45AM telling us to wake up. But once in a while I'll hear her meow but not too often.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:19 PM

Daizy calls when I'm in the computer room and she wants me to go to bed! Or when she gets lost from me...its pretty funny for her to wander out of the room i'm in and then its like she totally forgot where i was and starts yelling! But once she finds me its talk talk talk where where you why did you hide from me! she's a silly kittie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page