killing mice - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

killing mice

Squeaker's dream has come true. To my knowledge, our house has been mouse free since we got her. But, in the last week, she's killed 4 mice. Now, she sits by the refrigerator all day long - waiting patiently for the next one, and I feel like there might be more since everyonce in a while her head darts back and forth. I know it's instict, but it's so disgusting! One mouse tried to escape in my sneaker - which just so happens to be one Squeakers's favorite games, retrieving TOY mice from shoes. I think a little family of mice was born behind the fridge, and unfortunately they aren't getting much of a chance at life... On the other hand, Squeakers has been having the greatest week of her life...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:42 PM

Our old house that we lived in was on 80+ acres of wheat field. We rented it and really couldn't do anything with it and I hated it more then anything.

But we had mice and it was awful. We had to engineer ways to keep our cabinets covered because they would actually get into closed cabinets and drawers. It was awful.

So I moved in with Harley and she never killed them (on purpose) just played with them to death. She'd come trotting down the hall with one in her mouth to show me.....tail up high, just prancing. And oh so happy to show mommy her gift!

I was never so happy when we moved!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 05:30 PM

ugh!!! I lived out in the country for a year or so and I was always getting "gifts" I really don't miss that! I had problems with them getting into closed drawers and cabnets (I think that I read somewhere that they can squeeze their bodies thru a hole the width of a pencil) There were so many mice that Connor would catch them, and let them go.......or just lay there and watch them run by! I used the sticky traps (cardboard box with sticky stuff inside of them) to attract the mice faster I used a straw to place some peanut butter in the inside of the traps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:44 AM

lol, Minnie is our hunter. When we visit my mom she hangs out in the basement and has killed one mouse that I know of (I took a picture, lol!). She's amazing, too -- Tink and I will chase bugs around when they get in the house and we call her -- she comes out and in one swipe has it. She gets such pride from doing it, too.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:45 PM

wondering why somepeople consider their cat doing a normal behavior and killing mice a bad thing?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Squeakers killed (and ate) part of mouse number 5 tonigh since Friday. I'm so glad I have her here! Are there any health concerns? This is the first one she nibbled... So yucky!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page