Has the cancer spread? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Has the cancer spread?

Well, it's been about a month since tubey's had her Mammary Line removed because of cancer/tumors.

The Cancer was a 3 out of 3 as in 3 is bad

the last two days she's been kinda of ill.
I noticed that her one eye was a little cloudy, and today the 'third eyelid' on that eye is out and her head feels hot.

Do you think she is just sick? or is it related to her cancer?

I will call the vet if it dosen't clear up by tomorrow night I havne't even paid for her surgery yet...

I just want her to be happy and helathy for a t least a few more months she's only 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Could it possibly be cataracts?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Her eye cleared up a little, but now she has labored breathing.

I have a feeling her cancer has spread to her lungs?? already. It's only been a month or so.

I know everyone is going to give me a hard time if I have to pts, as they said spending $600 on surgery was a waste of my money. I had to at least try....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 08:18 PM

im sorry to hear ur kitty is sick...thats sad. and with the surgery, its ur kitty of course ur gonna try anything u possibly can to get ur kat to feel better. Ur kitty is in my thoughts
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 12:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear that -- you both are in my prayers.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Premier Cat

You love your cat. You did what you felt right for her. If people object to that tell them that is none of their business. They have no right to judge you on this issue.

We all spend our money on things other wouldnt spend it on. What we each value and are willing to spend our money on doesnt have to match everyone elses.

Everyone on this forum would of done the same thing you did. You are in good company. Im so sorry your kitty isnt doing well. Hugs to both of you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:13 PM

EqusArch I spend over £1,000 on my cat Lucy when I found out she had lymphomas, unforuntately we were unable to give her a good quality of life and she deteriorated very quickly (in a space of 6 weeks) she was only 12, you do want YOU want, YOU have to live with your decisions, nobody else.

If I found out that one of my other cats has lymphomas I would do and spend all that money again, I would have to give them a chance at least.

Good for you caring about your cat so much. Shame there isn't more people like you in this world!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 03:33 PM

My cat, Mickey was diagnosed with lymphoma over a year ago. I was told by the vet to "plan for the end, and be prepared for it". I went home and prayed. I prayed hard over him every single day for 6 months. I also did other things that I promised I would do if I could have him for only another 6 months. Monday I took him for his check up. They could not believe it was the same cat. He is cancer-free! A year ago he was on death's door and could barely walk. Today he is bright, cheerful, plays with the other kitties and stays by my side constantly. When I come upstairs to use the computer, he tries to sit next to me on the computer table. That would be fine, except he weighs 21 pounds!! I am a very, very grateful "Mickey's Mom." It may not help your situation, but anything is worth a try. I wish you well and will keep you in my prayers, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page