I feel like the worst mommy..... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

I feel like the worst mommy.....

I was on the phone with my mom this morning after I woke up (around 6:00) and I heard Harley crying. So I called for her and she cried louder. It was coming from the laundry room.

Well, when we went to bed last night (about 11:00), I saw that the dryer door was open. No clothes in it as I had not done laundry yesterday. So I closed it.

She was IN THE DRYER ALL NIGHT! I opened the dryer and she poped out, and was soaking wet. She must have peed and had to lay in it all night. So here I am, on the phone with my mom, crying over my baby. Mom's trying to calm me down and tell me to just relax and get some towels to give her a bath.

So I get that done, now I'm soaking wet, Harley is angry at me and glaring. Lola Bean comes into the room to try and help Harley dry off and Harley wants to part of that, so she bites at Lola and shoos her away.

It was a HORRIBLE start to the day and I'm still so upset about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:07 PM

Awww poor thing. Don't beat yourself up about it. We all make mistakes. I accidentally closed Raven in to one of the cuboards ( probably not spelled right ) for the whole day once. Cats like to go into the weirdest places to hide and take a nap.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:21 PM

dont feel bad, listen its not like u did it on purpose, my fathers brother PUT the cat in the dryer one day when he was little then he turned it on, the poor kitty was so dizzy and sick after that , but u shouldnt get so upset about it, u didnt do it on purpose, we all make mistakes, even i have made my fair share of mistakes with my kitty, i accidently locked the poor think in my room when i went away for a week, and he had no way to get out, at least urs was just the night not a whole week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:25 PM

I locked my cat in the bedroom once when I went to work. My husband heard meowing so he opened the door. He said the poor thing FLEW to the litterbox and then ate and drank like there was no tomorrow.

Things like this happen. Just remember to double check all your cats are accounted for before going to bed or leaving the house!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb&sophie
Things like this happen. Just remember to double check all your cats are accounted for before going to bed or leaving the house!
I know.....all last night I was doing head counts when I started laundry!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllergyCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb&sophie
I know.....all last night I was doing head counts when I started laundry!
I am always doing head counts before I leave cuz I have accidentally closed them in the bathroom before. When Puck was little, my sister was going to turn the dishwasher on and fortunately opened it to check and Puck was inside! I always am double and triple checking the dishwasher, washer/dryer and refrigerator after I open them!

When things like this happen, I think of like it will prevent something bad from happening down the road - like it was a warning and now you will be even more careful then you already are! Your baby is ok now and that's the important thing!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Senior Cat

I felt just terrible once when I locked Dusty in the bathroom for an entire weekend!! The poor little guy was so hungy when we got home. Thank goodness he was in the bathroom and had access to water (the toilet lid was open), otherwise there may have been an even more angry kitty when we got home!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Weve accidentally locked the cats in bathrooms or bedrooms with no litterboxes when we dont see them or hear them for days at a time (we go away for a few days every other or every third weekend.

weve also locked out cats in our food cupboards overnight and conan accidentally shut sophie in the fridge for about an hour

if there is an open space thats not usually open to them they will crawl into it...its the empty box/bag syndrome.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Tom Cat

a friend of mine was putting her laundry in the dryer before leaving for work. I guess in the middle of grabbing some more load to put in, her cat snuck in! She turned on the dryer and started walking away, heard some weird thumps, so she opened to see what was going on... out pops the cat!

It was by pure accident, those cats can be quite ninja skilled sometimes, you don't notice. Needless to say, her cat stayed far away from the dryer since

Accidents happen, it doesn't mean you're a bad mommy

Angie
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 12:07 PM

When getting ready for work, ironing clothes and such the night before, the cats get in the closet. I'll think I saw them get out and close it...but SO many times I've locked one in there and only noticed when I heard meowing or saw another one sniffing at the door, knowing they were in there. Now before I go to bed I do the "kitty head count" -- lol.

Don't beat yourself up, it could happen to anyone. I would feel horrible, too...so I understand. Just give him extra lovin' and treats, and make sure he knows it was a mistake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page