Sophie's getting spayed today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Sophie's getting spayed today

I took my little kitty in to be spayed today. I couldn't feed her this morning and I felt terrible. As soon as my alarm went off Caleb and Sophie made a beeline for their food bowls.

I took her in at 8:00 this morning and should hear from the office by noon. She was trembling when I took her out of her carrier to be weight. It was like she knew what was going to happen; she's never been trembling at the vets before. I was definitely teary-eyed when I left her.

I left a washcloth that I had rubbed all over Caleb's fur so she would have a familier scent with her tonight since she can't come home until tomorrow. I bought lazer surgery for her so that should help with the bleeding and she should be in less pain as well. I can't wait to see her tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Cool Cat

awww! I know the feeling of having to leave them!
When I took Buick in to be neutered a couple of months ago, I hadn't even realized they would keep him overnight and I was soooo sad! I am glad they did tho cuz it gave him time to recuperate and be quiet overnight and then the next day he was back to normal. I know spaying is a more extensive surgery, but she will be fine!

Thoughts and prayers heading your and her way!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Cat Whisperer!

The vet clinic called (unfortunately my cellphone never rang so the lady had to leave a message), Sophie did wonderfully and was waking up from anesthesia. I will call them back this afternoon and check up on her again.

My husband was going to pick her up around 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, but I think I'm going to talk to my boss today and see if I can get her at 9:00 in the morning instead. I think she would be able to rest better if she was at home and it will still be nice and quiet in the house since my husband and I will be at work and the dog will be in the basement. It will just be her and Caleb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 12:08 PM

Glad to hear everything went well.

When we got Jazmine spayed she had to stay overnight, too -- with Tink and Minnie it was same day, so it was so hard for me. I couldn't sleep that night and I was crying, worrying about if she was scared we had left her. Sigh, I'm such a baby!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Premier Cat

Glad to hear Sophie did well.
Velvet also stayed overnight when she was spayed and I was a nervous wreck. I think it is only natural we worry about our furbabies.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 03:53 PM

I brought mine to a low-cost spay/neuter clinic (it's actually listed as a site here on this forum). They came home the same day and I had to leave them in the carrier for a few hours until the anaesthesia completely wore off. That was hard. But the HARDEST part was putting them in the carrier first thing in the morning and in the bathroom so the other 3 could eat (having taken away the food and water bowls the night before). They cried when they heard the others eating. I felt terrible. But of course, here it is much time later and everything worked out and they are happy as can be. We go through more pain than our babies do.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies! Sophie is doing well, although I can tell she is sore. I have baby gates up to keep my dog out of certain rooms. Normally Sophie does perfectly, but yesterday and today she is having a hard time jumping down. I had to save her from the top of my lizard's cage. She was up there meowing and meowing so I went to go see what was wrong, the poor thing couldn't fold her body forward enough to jump to the table and then the floor. So of course I rescued her and gave her another pain pill.

Caleb was hissing at her for about 10 hours yesterday since she smelled "different". I felt bad for her because as soon as she saw Caleb her tell went straight up and she ran over for a body rub, but Caleb just hissed and walked away. Poor Sophie looked confused and rejected. All is well now though between those two!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page