Cat TV! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Cat TV!

Ok, so as I have recently posted in other threads I just adopted a stray cat that has been hanging around my house for many months. I was having a hard time finding something to entertain him when he finally found my fish tank:

He isn't much for playing with cat toys...either he is still adjusting to indoor life or that just isn't his style...but he just luvs watching this tank!

Both my other girls luv this tank as well and watch it all the time, which is fine by me, so long as my fish don't become a snack! Anyone else have fish tanks their cats luv?

Nerina~

Nerina~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Premier Cat

My cats used to when we had a 10G. Saltwater but we got rid of it. That is a really nice tank! Does your cat put both their paws on the glass and go batting at it? My cats used to do that, scared the fish I think
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:25 AM

When I had my fish tank, my Harley would always touch it.

She loved it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 11:49 AM

Awesome! Sometime next year (early, like spring) I want to get a fish tank...I want Erik to be able to help me set everything up. The fish tanks are always a stop for us at Petsmart!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Does your cat put both their paws on the glass and go batting at it
Oh yes, they all do, my fish are new but getting to be really friendly so they don't mind! They think anyone coming to the glass is bringing food, they haven't considered that for my cats they would BE food...lol.

Crystal I recently set that tank up at the beginning of October. It takes 2-4 weeks to cycle a tank and if you need any help or tips getting a tank set up let me know.

I have some driftwood on the way for my pleco algae eaters to nibble on. If you get a pleco algae eater try to avoid getting the common pleco's they sell at places like Petsmart....they just get way to big for most tanks, about 12-18"

Get a rubbernose or bristlenose pleco...so cool and they stay smaller (and are less aggressive from what I hear)!

Ok enough fish talk...back to cats!

Nerina~

Nerina~
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Tom Cat

I, on the other hand, wants to get rid of my 50 gal fish tank. Tuxie does not, well let me rephrase that, Tuxie has not tried to get the fish yet. She watches the fish when the move around but I'm scared one day she will just do everything in her power to get them. I tried to cover the back o the fish tank so she can't see it (because the tank is by the stairs.) She gets curious when I feed the fish and would always want to see. And sometimes she ends up on top of the fish tank but she can't really see anything from there. But I still want to get rid of my fish tank only because I don't pay attention to my fish as much as I did before, meaning cleaning the fish tank, feeding more often, etc. And that's because I'm always busy with playing with Tuxie!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Senior Cat

We also have a fish tank - a 55 gallon job! And we have always called it the "Kitty TV". Bella loves to sit there and watch the fishies go back and forth. She even has her favorites. Hubby is always complaining that he needs Windex to get the nose and paw prints off of it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badet
I, on the other hand, wants to get rid of my 50 gal fish tank.
If I didn't live across the country I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

We've got two tanks...a 75 & 55 gallon. Each tank houses an oscar. The oscar in the 75 gallon has two tank mates that are pictus catfish. The other tank has a common pleco and a cory catfish (which surprisingly has not become fish food).

My cats LOVE watching and swatting at the fish. It was almost the downfall of one of them. Snickers loves to lay on top of the tank and one evening when my husband was feeding the fish he tried to jump up and almost fell into the tank...he didn't notice that the lid was open. We caught him just in time. It probably would have been more traumatic for the cat since the Oscar is pretty huge.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Tom Cat

That's my previous cat watching my tank. I have to take a pic of Tuxie watching my fish tank. I've been covering it so she can't see it and won't try to get my fish. I uncovered it recently and she hasn't tried to get the fish yet but watches them.

I have 2 parrot fish, 3 plecos and 2 bichers currently. I used to have an autralian arowana but gave it away because it got too big for my tank, I felt sorry for him because he does not have as much space as I'd want him to have.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 05:24 PM

I had to get rid of my fish tank. Reggie watched me feed them enough times to figure out how to get into the top of it. Needless to say I was a couple fish short one day. I came home to find a Reggie and one of my fish on the floor. No matter what I did to weight down the top he figured out how to get to them.

After last time catching him red handed with his paws in the tank I had to get rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page