Radio tracking device for cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Radio tracking device for cats?

Does anyone know of a radio tracking device for cats so you can know where your cat is when you need to find him/her? Wouldn't need much range, say 1/2 mile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 02:20 PM

I have heard that in some parts of the US (and im from canada so dont make fun of me if you cant find it) they have tiny tracking devices the size of the tags you insert into an animals neck. like a little pill size and have seen it used on many crime shows such as CSI and whatnot but i have only heard of them used on humans. im sure if you could track it down it wouldnt be hard to have the vet insert it the same way as the ID chips.

there are also collars (leg bands for humans as well) that you can purchase. just google Tracking Devices...better yet...Ebay it
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

The implant chips are not for tracking but only work for identifying. If you search for tracking devices/collars all you get are ones for dogs and other large animals that have a range of several miles. I'm looking for something smaller with much less range (AND less costly!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Banned

Hmm... I've seen something in Cat Fancy magazine that is a collar and it has a tracking device on it, but I think the price was a bit expensive. I don't know the website though. I'll see if I can find the web address later if there is one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Banned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page