My F1 Bengal has been adopted! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

My F1 Bengal has been adopted!

I posted my F1 Tiger, on my Petfinder.com site....He has been a permanent resident with me for about 4 years...he has Inflammatory Bowel Disease which has been controlled over the years with prescription diet & meds accordingly, but this summer I realized that the stress of having to deal with so many other cats had caused a chronic "flare up" & he was having a very difficult time! So, in his best interest, I decided to consider rehoming...I had countless enquiries from a variety of people wanting to adopt him...but not one came close to meeting my rigid criteria.

I had the good fortune to be contacted by a wonderful young lady who lives a couple of hundred kilometers west of me...all of her references checked out & she & her boyfriend are willing to devote themselves to giving Tiger a better life, in spite of his many difficult physical & behavioural traits...so last evening, Tiger left for better & greater things...to go to a place where he can find serenity & hopefully to live a much happier life.

In spite of the fact that I've no doubt he will be so much better off...it's breaking my heart! Honestly, I never really believed that he would be adopted because he is such a screw ball...talk about bittersweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-03-2005, 08:59 PM

Our first Ocicat(a retired adult) had a severe, re-occurring diarrhea problem. Five DVMs couldn't defeat it although the fifth was having some success with some pork/pig derivative medication so I have an idea what you and Tiger were going through . Surely hope his new 'parents' and he work out OK!

Btw, can you get them to post here and let us know how he does and maybe show some pics of their Bengal?

Dan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 10:36 AM

I'm sorry I missed your original post about your F1 Bengal. I have 2 bengals also one if which had IBD. I solved it permenently without meds by feeding raw diet. He hasnt had a bout with it since. Glad you found a home for him though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Tiger is doing well this far in his new home! He's still getting 10 mg of Prednisone & 100mg of Tylosin twice daily. He will be gradually changed to a RAW diet. He will also be weaned off the meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page