How do you make your cat feel special? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

How do you make your cat feel special?

What do you do to pamper your cat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 AM

the list can go on and on! I'll give a few of the ways I let them know they are loved!
they get mini massages from me when I'm petting them
when I make my coffee each morning, Connor gets his "coffee" (he sniffs what's in my mug and then he gets a treat)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Tom Cat

I give Tuxie lots and lots of hugs! She doens't like it sometimes tho so she will want to leave.. but it's usually good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 PM

Many ways! Twiggy is allowed her marmite on toast in the morning (I cut her a triangle out of my triangle!) I sometimes put the heating on especially for her cause she gets quite cold.

Spandex is allowed to wake me up in the morning and no matter what time I will pet her until she eventually sneaks under the covers, muddy paws and all, and goes to sleep.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:13 PM

Marcellus: He gets special "Marcellus" kisses on the top of his nose. He gets loved up even when he wakes me very early in the morning rubbing my face.

Wallace: He gets his kitty "spankings," gets talked to a lot, and I haven't "killed" him for all the chewing he's done. I try not to disturb him at night when I move in bed as he likes to sleep by my legs.

Lewis: Get lots of cuddling as he loves my lap. He gets to curl up in my arms for a long time. I only disturb him when I have to.

Winston: Still trying to figure it out. Right now it is just gentle pets and talking to try to get him to come out of his shell.

All my kitties get their food microwaved so it's nice and warm, and we always make special "cat" accomdations for them like, well...when they sit on our paper as we read or wait to make the bed because they are snuggly sleeping.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:51 PM

Oh man...

Well they all get yummy food all the time...if I have a chicken breast for dinner, so do they...lol...etc etc etc...

They all get their own specific time each day for lovin' and attention.

They all pile in bed with me at night...and I move to make sure THEY'RE comfortable.

They get special presents if I'm around a pet store...or a store that has a pet section.

Half of my living room in my one-bedroom apartment is devoted to them - their posts, their toys, and beds. Half of my bed is theirs -- a huge furry pillow I made for them lays on it and that's where two of them sleep at night. The window sill in my bedroom also has the softest fabric on it so they are comfortable when they look out the window.

I spend money on bird and squirrel food...lol...I don't like looking at them, that's completely for them!

And the list goes on and on and on...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Cat Addict

Mimi gets long bellyrubs, and I sometimes blow raspberries on her tummy.

Polly has really opened up and has begun sitting with me. She gets some belly rubs now, too.

Muffin is still pretty meek, so she doesn't get a whole lot of direct attention, but I always make sure to give HER the toys first, if at all possible. Hee.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 02:47 PM

I kick'em in the butt and say get the **** off my chair
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 02:48 PM

I have to add one more thing. This is important. They all have their wool blankies in their cat beds and other places in the house. My cats love their wool. Keeps 'em warm and snuggly.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Cat

I just make a big (happy) stink when I see them. I make sure they're looking at me when I start clapping my hands, grinning like a fool, and I "squee" as I dash over to the cat (on my tippy toes, to put on the act of the love-struck owner, lol) and start petting the cat as if I haven't seen the cat in ages. Sometimes it scares the cat, so mostly I just clap my hands and squee, then wave and say "Hi, Buffy baby!" or "Hi, Willy hunny!" or something like that. The cat gets the message then, lol

Sometimes, like in the case of Buffy, I use their own language. When Buffy head-butts me, I head-butt her back, then start smooshing my face in her belly and neck (snortling, my version of purring, lol), and she just starts purring up a storm. Willow just tells me, in the cat language, to "get bent" when I do it to her, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page