Should I be concerned??? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Should I be concerned???

My cat Merry is a year and a half and when I was petting him the other day I noticed he has a little lump behind his right shoulder blade. I was rubbing it quite a bit but got no reaction out of Merry so it doesn't hurt him at all. His behavior hasn't changed at all and he's gotten all of his shots.

My husband said to just watch and make sure it doesn't get any bigger. He said if the lump was in his abdomen he would've been more concerned. He thinks it's just a cyst or an old wound or something. (He and his brother Pippin wrestle a lot.)

Should I take him to the vet right away or see if it goes away? I'm slightly concerned because it doesn't feel normal but at the same time he's not acting any different.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 10:51 AM

The best bet is to get a professional opinion (i.e., call your vet). Only a professional is at liberty to say "yay" or "nay" to the whole deal. Especially since you're not certain that it's nothing.

It'll ease your mind to speak with the vet first, and then make a decision based on what he or she says. Good luck!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

There's lots of other things it could be, too....things that might endanger his health. I'm hoping it's nothing, too, but you're not going to know for sure unless it gets checked out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-13-2005, 06:01 PM

Has he had any injections recently? Sounds like it could be an injection reaction - I see them fairly commonly.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:47 PM

True to the vaccination lump. If you live on a farm, you tend to see that a lot in the younger cattle, perhaps it is due to thinner skin. Sometimes they go away on there own, sometimes not. I would recommend getting him checked out though, for your peace of mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page