do your cats play favorites? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

do your cats play favorites?

lately, i've noticed that my cats play favorites. brutus will follow me everywhere and will choose to sleep next to me when i'm taking a nap or sleeping. kit, on the other hand, chooses to do the same but with my bf instead. i've only noticed this lately, but looking back, i think this has been going on since we got our cats.

anybody else's cats play favorites?

p.s.
our little kitten, fry, doesn't really care. he will follow whoever he thinks will give him food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 08:43 PM

YES!
Jake is a ladies man/momma's boy
Micah is a daddy's boy (does that sound weird?)
They love both of us but Micah's original owner was a man. He really responds better to men - he loves them! He loves to give chest massages - yes it sounds sick but he jumps right on men's laps ALL THE TIME.
Jake likes girls. I think he is scared of men sometimes if they talk loudly. He's a charmer with the ladies.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM

sounds like a little of the old freudian oedipus and electra complex. My cats do it too. My Willis is a momma's boy and Lily is daddy's girl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Tom Cat

My Tuxie used to favor my roommate a lot and he is a guy! Now she gives us equal treatment, well sorta she still favors him more.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 10:40 PM

hmm...we have role switching in our house. Tasha was our first and loved me, now she is a Daddy's girl. Angel is a Daddy's girl too but I think that is because I always have Sara and Daisy at my heels and Angel is a loner who prefers no cats or dogs around her. Sara and Daisy our dog prefer me and so does Sully. Sully prefers woman and I am the only one who has the patience for his shyness.

So my husband has 2 cats that favor him and I have 2 cats and a dog that favor me.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 09:38 PM

Just Tinkerbell...she's Erik's baby.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Tammy is definetely Daddy's girl and Gracie is all about me! She is my little can't do a thing wrong angel. She is of course perfect, unlike her "ADD" little sister Tammy!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 01:44 AM

Absolutely. Mia practically velcros herself to me sometimes -- one day I am going to need to get her surgically removed. Jack is cool with most people but prefers daddy I think.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 04:06 PM

they definatly choose who they like. Sophie love me and will let me do what i want to her...aka, clip her nails, pull her tail, play with her paws etc...and will purr and cuddle the whole time. but she ignores conan and will run away from him mostt he time when he tries to pick her up. meanwhile China pretends i dont even exist and just LIVES for Conan. its like she is in love with him. she follows him around with dreamy eyes and as soon as he picks her up she becomes so delirious with joy that she puffs up and starts drooling and kneading him like crazy and rubbing any part of him she can touch
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Cool Cat

I think all three of mine perfer me, I don't know why but I do know Big Tom perfers my husband's lap to mine, dh's is considerably larger

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page