Domino is missing.......again - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Domino is missing.......again

Domino, my big, fat, lovey boy has gone missing again. It's been 3 1/2 days now I haven't seen hide nor hair of him. Lets see, 11 days ago he disappeared for 4 1/2 days. He came back & seemed none the worse for wear. He wasn't even starving, like you would expect. He did seem somewhat frightened & anxious tho and stayed in the house for the next 3 days without demanding to be let out.

This Sunday past he and his brother Sam wanted out. I let them out. Sam stayed out all night but was on the window sill the next morning. Domino hasn't come back yet.

I figured Domo got trapped somewhere (someone's garage?) the first time, but where could he have gone this time?

I'm worried, it's been soooo cold here lately. In the 20's or high teens during the day and then down to single digits during the night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 12:33 PM

I personally would never let my cats outside on their own, especially overnight, but that's just the way I work.

I hope that you find him. Please keep us updated.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I hope you do find him. But, letting them out unattended especially overnight makes them easy predetor to traffic, stray dogs, stray cats, someone to pick him up and take him in, be trapped or if you like in a Rual area like me, coyotes, foxes, racoons, ECT. It's really not good to let housecats out. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Does he have an ID tag? If he doesn't show up soon, I'd post papers with his photo and say:
Missing Cat "name here". Answers to "name here". I really would like to have my cat back because I love him so much. If you find him, please call me at "number here" and you can even include a reward if you want to. I just hope you find him. Keep us updated.

*Saying A Prayer That Domino Stays Safe & Warm*

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you both for your concern.

I'm not sure Domo is coming home this time (tomorrow morning it'll be 5 days he's been gone).

Let me give you a little background about how he's been acting for the past month.

He started to stay out longer & longer hours during the day. It got to a point where he was gone for up to 16 hours at a time but would always come home to eat & sleep at night. Then he started to caterwhaul in the middle of the night. he would meow & meow, loudly and nonstop till he forced me to get up & let him out. He did it at 3am, 4am, 5am. If I didn't get up he would start banging on the venetian blinds, making so much racket that I'd finally give in. He was acting like some kind of desperate feral who was frantic to get outside.

I have no idea where this behavior came from. Was he answering some kind of primitive "call of the wild"? I'll never know.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Cat Addict

Is he neutered?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippyhart
Is he neutered?
Oh, yes he is and that's the part that puzzles me. He was neutered as a kitten, he's 5 yrs old now and that behaviour only started happening recently.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Guess what? He's baaaack! Yep, it was last night, at 11 o'clock. I'd just gotten off the computer, went in the kitchen and there he was, sitting outside the kitchen window, on the sill. Luckily I had left the blinds up, "just in case".

He was starving this time & very agitated. He spent 10 minutes demanding I scratch & pet him before he started to settle down.

Bad, bad Domo. Why do you worry your meowmie like that?

This is the BEST Christmas present I could have asked for!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Cat Addict

I'm glad he came back -- maybe refuse him from going outside for awhile so he will forget about what is out there?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:19 PM

is it possible he's travelling between two homes? maybe he has 'another' family? i suppose this is unlikely if he came back to you really hungry...maybe he got stuck in someones garage or something. you could put a tag on him to say 'please do not feed me' but he should defo wear a tag with your name and number on it.

im glad he's back
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki
is it possible he's travelling between two homes? maybe he has 'another' family? i suppose this is unlikely if he came back to you really hungry
My father had a "semi-feral" cat that he would let inside, feed, andthen let out. Sometimes he would stay the night. sometimes not. But Knucklehead was known to have at least one other household he visited.

Anyway, I am SO glad to hear Domino is back! Munchie got out a little over 2 years ago and was out for 4 days. I went looking for him at 1:30am and found him in the garage on some lawn furniture at 2am. After a somewhat frantic attempt to get him inside, he was back in a warm house by 2:30am. I just happened to look in the garage "just in case." It seems those just in case situations are what brings our lost kitties back to us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page