lost my little girl - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

lost my little girl

My wife and I had to have out MITSIE put to sleep last night after a courageous fight with lung cancer. She was 14 and in excellent health when we took her to the vets for bordering to have her teetch cleaned Sept. 26 as we were going to Wyoming for 10 days. When we got back and picked her up we noticed she seemed to have a cold and we brought her back. The Dr. took pictures of her lungs and found 2 fairyl large cancer spots. We didn't want to put her through the Chemo Therpy so we started having her chest drained every 5 days with a shot of cortizone. She got alot better and after saying many prayers we thought she was on her way to recovery. Then the fluid started showing blood in it and we knew it wouldn't be long before she died. I took her up every 4 days to get her fluid drained from around her lungs so she would breath better and it worked for almost 3 months. We started noticing a general decline this last Monday and she barely touched her food as the cancer head spread into her nose and throat. We wanted her to die in her sleep but she really was gasping for air yesterday so I called my vet and asked hem to come up to our house and put her to sleep. My wife and I held her in out arms and within 10 seconds it was all over. A couple of hrs. before I had picked her up and taken her around to the outside where she use to love to go. I'm still crying, didn't know it would hurt so much. Dug a grave along side of the grave of our previous cat PEPPER and put her in a box along with her blanket and toys Seems to get harder and harder to let thing go that you love as you grow older. Sorry for rambling on but just needed to get it off my chest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Banned

I'm so sorry for your loss. Perhaps you'd like to post a remembrance of Mitsie in the "Rainbow Bridge" section?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Tom Cat

I am also so very sorry for this loss of your little girl.. i'm sure you guys gave her a wonderful loving home and she will always continue to be with you in heart and spirit until you meet again. I'll keep my thoughts with you during this holiday season...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 04:34 PM
gia

I am so very sorry for your loss.

By the sound of it Mitsie must have had a very happy life with you.

We lost my mother in laws cat last night - maybe they are at Rainbow Bridge together.

RIP Mitsie

Gia
xxx
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 04:54 PM
Me

That is so sad.

I'm sure you gave her the best life possible.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 06:01 PM

i'm sorry you lost your kitty. sounds like you did everything you could for her....more than alot of people would do.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 08:41 PM

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Right now will be the hardest time, but time will pass and you just have to think of the good times you had together. She's now in heaven and could breath again. I lost my cat to diabetes so I know how you feel. Just remember you were right next to her at her worst and she knew it. She is now resting and at ease. It will be hard for the next couple of days, but each day it will get better.

My prayers & thoughts she will be.

RIP Mitsie
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Cat Addict

I'm so sorry for your loss. Cancer can be so quick - I lost my own boy to it after a startling turn - but rest assured that she was happy, healthy, and pampered for a very long time. What a beautiful life you must have had with her, and your memories are so very precious.

Best wishes to you.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Tom Cat

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure she enjoyed her life with you.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mitsie. Please take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering and that she had a good life with you and your wife. She knew how much you loved and cared for her and she'll be waiting for you and the missus on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page