I guess this is goodbye for a while - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

I guess this is goodbye for a while

I've posted before that I'm moving to Korea, so some of you know this already. Beaver, our only cat, will be going to a cat sanctuary on Sat. Hubby's uncle was supposed to take him for us but has backed down and we leave for Arizona in about a week, then to Korea in August. I'll be staying with my Mom, who's allergic to cats and already has two when we get to Az, so I can't take him with me(though I begged) and now don't have time to find a home for him before we leave. My heart's just breaking. So I wanted to say my goodbyes to you guys and let you all know what's going on. This is like sending one of my children away. I'll miss him so much and will never find another cat like him. I got him when he was three and a half weeks old and even bottle fed him, he thinks I'm Mom. I also worry about him having seperation issues because of this... I wonder who will miss who more...

Thanks for always being there guys...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 07:56 AM
Premier Cat

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Beaver. Any chance your mom will change her mind?

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 09:57 AM

Leaving Cat

Call the sanctuary. Is there someone in their network who can foster him while you are gone? Are you in the military? If so, is there someone on base who knows of persons who foster pets for military personnel? I think I read there are organizations who do this. Did you put an ad in the paper telling about your problem -- maybe a kind soul will help you. You still have a week. Don't give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

I begged and begged my Mom ... no luck. The problem isn't just going to Arizona, It's also taking him to Korea. So unless someone would foster him for say 2 1/2 years it's not going to work. I am the only foster house the sanctuary has right now too. So, sigh, I'm afraid I don't have any choice but to leave him behind. Oh, and about the newspaper thing. I'd rather not put him in the paper, just afraid of some of the poeple out there, you know? I might put him on our community board this morning and see if anyone wants him... so thank you for the idea! Thanks guys for all your help in the matter. The whole thing is just breaking my heart. The cat sanctuary won't be that bad, Beaver loves other cats and will be on display at a pet store starting Saturday. The lady there knows the situation in detail as she and I have talked about Beaver going to AZ before and she knows how shocked I am that he can't come. So thanks again. And wish Beaver the best of luck finding the right family.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 08:15 PM

So sorries
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Cool Cat

Bye Bye and good luck

Shari
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Okay, update. The man said he'd give Beaver back if we found him another young black cat. I found three, one must go with his mom. He has a choice between one of two sisters who are eight months old but I have to pay to get her spayed($60) or the mom who's black and white that is inseperable with her son, four months old, who's solid black. Mom and son are already fixed so they're ready now. He was supposed to call a while ago and I'm getting very nervous, plus I miss Beaver so much. I just wanted to update evryone. Also, here's a picture of Beaver...

Thanks to everyone BTW for all the kind words...

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Another update. He picked one of the two females, so I get to make the mad dash to spay her tommorow, and break it to hubby that some of the money saved for our move will be going to her spay. But I look at it this way. I get my Beaver and they get a rescue cat from the place I foster for and the female cat gets a well deserved home and to be spayed. Hope her sister soon follows. It's an odd thing though. Black cats are the hardest to adopt and this female found a home because the man only wanted a black cat. It works out ecxept for the hole in my pocket lol.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
$60 is pretty cheap for spaying, actually

So are you taking Beaver or not?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

The stipulation of getting him back was that I had to find another cat that was black and young for them, I guess they'd been looking for one for a while. So I called up the rescue place I foster for and she had the couple of black cats available to choose from. I relayed that to him and I AM getting him back as soon as I can deliver the other cat to them. I am so happy but at the same time, can't stand to have to wait until Wednesday to get him. Plus, that only leaves me with maybe a day to spend with him before I leave for a couple of weeks to take my kids to my Mom's so I can come back and pack a few weeks later. But to answer your question in a definate answer, yes, he is comming home .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page