The Herd: Long Overdue Update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

The Herd: Long Overdue Update

Hi all!! I'm sorry it's been a REALLY long time since I've posted. No particular reason....maybe just taking a break. Anyway, lots of things have happened, some good, some bad. Here goes:

We tragically lost Pytu this past summer. She was hit by a car well down the road from our house. We're not sure why she was down as far as she was.

The old farmhouse next to our property was burned down by the owner in August. We didn't lose anyone in the demolition/burning thankfully. However, we have sort of lost Squirrel because of it. For several days after the event, we waited for a few of the cats to show back up. All did but Squirrel. We assumed that she had died in the fire. About three months after, she showed up on the porch. We couldn't believe it. I brought her in the house and gave her some wet food to eat. She looked like she had been eating fine as she hadn't appeared to have lost any weight. Well, she did not want to stay in the house AT ALL. (She had become an almost exclusively outside cat well before the event). I let her out again and we haven't seen her since. We think that she comes around late to eat, but we still miss her.
Additionally, we haven't seen Meeko, Sundae, or MiniMe for several weeks now. We think Sundae may have been carried off (don't ask me why). I think MiniMe went back to the home she had before she had the kittens. Meeko.....I just don't know. None of them were on the road, so that's out.

The rest are doing fine. Dandy, Powder, and Burnie might stay away for a couple of nights now and then. Nimbus has turned completely feral. I see her every few nights on the table outside. We give her wet when she's here and get to pet her a bit. Silke (the female of the Evil Twins) spends lots of time away as well. For some reason, she is NOT liked by any of the other cats. When she comes home, I bring her in and make her stay for at least a night. She sleeps on our bed and no one bothers her there. The next day though, she's ready to leave again. Smooth (male Evil Twin) is very laid back, is HUGE (though not quite as big as Dandy) and likes to stay out at night, but he's always here.

Moo-Moo, Belle, Claire, and Domino are also doing well. Domino and Moo-Moo are the biggest Silke-haters in the house. If not watched, they will terrorize Silke to no end. What's up with that?

Bear (Pytu's brother) was horribly depressed after she died. He's better now, but he changed....he's very protective of me. He is also a major Silke-hater.

BittyMe, BittyPie, and Boom-Boom (formerly Boomer), are MiniMe's kittens. They are growing up wonderfully, though they are very skittish most of the time. At night when they're in the house, they become very needy and will follow you around demanding to be touched. Boom-Boom loves to cuddle with my wife.

The cat formerly known as HoneyBee is now known as Beast (more masculine.....was that one of the suggestions?) He comes in the house from time to time, but doesn't stay in long. We're just glad he's here.

We have new additon as well. This is Confetti-Andretti.

We saw her one day while we were at Petsmart. She was soaking wet because she had dumped her water bowl and soaked everything in her cage. We just couldn't let her stay there. She's Confetti because of her markings, especially on the back of her hind legs. Andretti because she is the fastest thing in the house!! She fears nothing but cars and won't hesitate to jump on anyone in her sights!!!

Well, I think that just about covers everyone. I'll have to put updated pics in MMK. Hope all of you are doing fine.

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Cat Addict

Spike, good to see you!

I'm terribly sorry about Pytu, she was a personal favorite of mine.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 02:31 AM

Hi Spike -- welcome back. It's good to hear about your herd again -- even the sad ways that it has changed. May 2006 be a great year for all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:37 AM

Welcome back, Spike, I have also missed news on your babies. Poor little Pytu, and Confetti is beauitiful!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Banned

Hi Spike. Thanks for the update. Very interesting. Sorry about your loss. Confetti is really a little cutie. I'll bet she dumped her water on purpose, sensing you were coming in.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Hey spike! Glad to see you back! I'm so sorry to hear about Pytu, she was sweet! Sounds like a lot of other changes have been happening, but I'm glad to hear for the most part everyone is doing well

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks everyone for the sentiments. Pytu's death hurt us very much (which would be true for all of them). We have several that we know cross the road, she just wasn't one of them.

Tim, figured you'd be a Mod by now

spike481
Herdmaster of 16 Cats & 1 Dog

"Ever tried to herd cats?"
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Senior Cat

That is terribly sad news about Pytu. And the new kitten is just too cute for words!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Premier Cat

I have the catforum screen saver which blips pictures of the members cats on the monitor. One of yours came up the other day and I was wondering how you guys were doing. So sorry to hear of Pytu. Weve all missed you and hearing about the herd.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 11:04 PM

awww poor Pytu, that is so sad And poor Bear missing her.

That is so interesting that so many of the kitties now hate Silke!
Your newest addition is a total cutie! And I love her name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page