flaky skin spot - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

flaky skin spot

I noticed a spot on Mateo's ear that looked like he had been losing fur. I looked at it closer today and noticed that it had lost fur, but it was a white flaky spot. I can't find any cut, sore or anything?

Anyone else ever see anything like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Cool Cat

One of my cats got a dry spot on the ear once and it just cleared up by itself - not sure where it came from but the skin just flaked off. I figured it was probably just from a small scratch I did not notice at first.

Does your cat go outside at all? It could be ringworm which is NOT fun. Without seeing I don't know, but do a search for ringworm and if it sounds/looks like what your cat has, get to a vet ASAP.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

All 4 of my cats are indoor only. I looked at it again and didn't see any scratch or anything. Guess I'll just keep an eye on it for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:28 PM

keep an eye on it. If you notice it getting worse or spreading then get it checked out.
Korbel had a similar thing on her tail, and it ended up being an old bite (from Calypso) that had closed up but was festering under the surface. She was biting the fur off in the area (guess it itched), one day I woke up and she had an abcess the size of a walnut!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page