Litter Boxes? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Litter Boxes?

Ok I've been having some real problems with my litter box. My cat keeps getting out and poop will get all over the floor, and I also end up with litter all over my floor. I have a mat under the box and that doesn't help much. I use clumping litter, so that's not the problem. So....I think I need a new litter box. My roommate has one of those $180 automatic cleaning ones, and personally I don't really like it. It always smells really bad, and seems like it would be hard to clean. I was thinking about getting this litter box:
http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1137479148367
So any suggestions? Also, I was thinking about getting that Fresh Flow cat fountain. Can anyone give me any info on that? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 AM

Can't comment on the litter box (I have a regular, manual scoop one) but I have the PetMate Fresh Flow fountain. I thought it was a pretty good deal for $20 and it is really quiet. With the resevior, I only fill it every other day or so.

dawn
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I love the Petmate fountain, too. I used to leave it on continuously for about a year. Then I found out my cats were constantly sneaking water from my fish tank, so I eventaually just set up a "fish tank" for them with airstones and a pump.

Petmate is way too expensive at Petco. I paid $40 for mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Cool Cat

Are you sure it is the litterbox and not the litter?
Did this suddenly start up or has it always been that way?
Did you change the litter type? litterbox location?
Cats are sensitive to even small changes that we might not even think about.

When I worked at PetSmart, we got the automatic ones returned a LOT so I am not a big fan of those. Plus, they only last 2-3 years (that coming from the customers who use them).

I've seen the one you linked to. It always cracked me up that is said it's "self-cleaning." It doesn't roll over on its own! lol It just seemed like a pain to me to have to roll it - and one more thing to clean (the grate). *shrug

As for the fountain - I had 2 Petmate fountains and I like them a lot... more importantly, the cats like them! On one, the pump stopped working and I took it back to Petsmart and they exchanged it, but they gave me the wrong one - gave me the more expensive one, Drinkwell. I didn't realize it til I got it home so I figured I would try it out and see which I like better.

Whichever one you get, find the cheapest price online and print the page and take it to PetSmart and they will do a price match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page