Question About Animal Precinct - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Question About Animal Precinct

To any one who watches Animal Precint-Does one else notice they have very few cat cases or at least ones that get on TV? Do you think cats are not considerd interesting/sad enough to get viewers? cats won't stay with jerks who abuse them,I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 06:58 PM

I just saw one the other day that had cats on it. They were collecting the cats from an elderly lady's home because she could no longer care for them. The one thing I noticed was that the cats were all well cared for, they just needed to be rehomed. I think any cat with outside access would leave a rotten owner. Cats are so much harder to keep "penned up" like the other poor animals on that show. I have to say, I try not to watch it because it shows humanity at its worst.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jimmyness
i love that show, ive seen quite a few ones with cats, and even small animals. Im pretty sure they would care about them all. But is animal precinct the one that in new york?

Sincerely, Krystle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 PM

I think the pit bull fighting cases tend to be aired on that show the most but if you watch often enough and especially if you watch the other shows about animal cops in another areas besides New York you will find that there are cat cases. But I agree that Animal Planet generally has more shows about dogs than about cats.

I did see a show about animal cops in Phoenix last night. And one humane officer on that show says they actually have more cat cases than dog cases. She also said that she loves animals but she is more of a cat person than a dog person. Surprised?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:55 AM

Did anyone see the one the other night with the cat that jumped over the wall and landed in the cactus? I couldnt believe the sight of that poor cat. Made me cry. Needless to say the cat turned out fine after the stickers were removed but I was suprised by the outcome of that case. The cat had so many sticker on it you couldnt even tell it was a cat at first. VERY sad!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPpond
Did anyone see the one the other night with the cat that jumped over the wall and landed in the cactus? I couldnt believe the sight of that poor cat. Made me cry. Needless to say the cat turned out fine after the stickers were removed but I was suprised by the outcome of that case. The cat had so many sticker on it you couldnt even tell it was a cat at first. VERY sad!!!
If you're talking about Animal Planet's Heroes: Phoenix, no I didn't. The APHP I did see was with the dog and her six pups that were attacked by a swarm of bees. When the animal control officers first arrived, they found the mother dog and three of her pups were already dead, with three pups barely clinging to life. One officer was trying to convince the homeless woman who owned the dogs that she needed to let the officers take the remaining pups to the animal hospital right away since the pups were in such bad condition. The homeless woman refused. They went back and forth on this while the animal control officers called in the regular cops for back up. They ended up just grabbing the pups (2 brown pups and 1 black pup), but by then one of the brown pups started seizing. By the time the animal control officer got the pups to the animal hospital, the pup that had been seizing died on the way over. They showed the vet working on the black pup and she was saying the various things that they were going to try to revive this poor baby. She was saying that they were going to give the black pup oxygen for half and hour and then decide what to do from there. Then she looked at the camera and said that the pup decided for her...he just died. I started crying my eyes out. The other brown pup was showing signs of improvement, but she ended up dying too, as there was just too much toxin in the poor baby's system. I really started crying then. Those poor dogs never stood a chance, especially the three pups that were still alive when the officers first got there. If that **** woman had just given the pups to the officers, they might have made it....

Oops, sorry this got so long, but that episode really got to me.

----------
Renée
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:10 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
I just remembered that I did see another episode of Animal Planet's Heroes: Phoenix. The one I saw was where four kittens were trapped in someone's rooftop and two had fallen down into the wall. They were some very cute and very lucky little kitties.

----------
Renée
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

I did see the kitty in the cactus episode. poor baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page